Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
JT's 03 Custom V
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 VRSCA with the Clam shell speedo and ready to swap with a B riser so I can install custom bars but I dont have the bolts for the B riser.

Can anyone tell me the bolt requirements for the B riser? Can I use my speedo or do I have to replace?

Thanks gang!

JT

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
... Can anyone tell me the bolt requirements for the B riser? Can I use my speedo or do I have to replace? ...
The bolt requirement for the B riser is the same as that used for the A riser (3726M: hex head screw with flange, threads are 10 mm X 1.5 mm pitch, 50 mm long).

The instrument module (IM) is pretty much the same except for how the reset switch attaches. I haven’t done this swap but others that have say the VRSCA IM (instrument module) fits the VRSCB housing no problem.

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
You're gonna have a issue with the gauge, and will take you a bit more time to do the swap then what you are planning on. Harley didn't start putting threads in the 4 holes on the backside of the gauge until '04.

I ended up buy some supplies from the hardware store. They were a threaded fasteners that I glued into the 4 holes so I could attach it to the riser securely. I have a thread around here somewhere with some pictures showing things better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts