Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HD is not making the speedo re-calibration map for 28T available in the UK as they are not "officially" selling the kit. I have the kit on order "from the USA" so before I purchase a $100 dollar speedo re-calibrator does any one know if this map could be obtained?? (if the above info is not correct, I apologise, but it is what my dealer has told me) Thanks.. Mr Vrodder.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
mr-vrodder if your buying the race tuner it is my understanding that the race tuner does give you the ability to select 28tooth while doing the flash.

Max

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Max

My dealer is to install the 28T when they fit my 16g pipes and race filter, but they can't do anything about the speedo error. They can modify the ECU for the SE parts but have no option for the 28T as HD do not "officially" sell the kit internationally.
So I'm not sure about the race tuner unless it's part of the SE stuff the are already fitting.

Thanks mr_vrodder

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
You can buy the 16ga flash from a dealer in the US and have your dealer install it. It defaults the ECM to 28T for the US ECM's. I don't know if the flash is smart enough to not update the speedo calibration if it see's an international part number when it reads the ECM. Harley, in it's infinite wisdom, has taken the SE parts off the standard parts website an substituted a PDF of the catalog which no longer published the calibration part numbers so I can't give you the part numbers to look for :(

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
kspz3 said:
Max,
Is that a newer version of the race tuner - I do not remember anywhere that you could select 28 tooth.
The .01B or ver 3.5 will ask you if you have installed the 28T when it downloads the program into an '02 or '03 ECM. I don't know what it does with an '04 bike but I assume it knows the P/N sequence and simply ignores the prompt assuming you have the 28T.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speedo Update

Got my dealer look into the idea of a US flash as it will be for 28T by default, Thanks for your help guys
Mr Vrodder

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
For what the flash costs and especially if maybe in the future you may change your configuration I would just get a Race Tuner. The B version will start the download after a popup appears asking if you have a 28t installed and you just click yes. I guess if you order the flash as US spec to be shipped UK they may refuse shipping, make it more expensive, or have it not recalibrate. That may be risky. OR ask another dealer.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the HD race tuner expensive?, any one in UK bought one? I have looked but can't find a price. I still have time to get one before my bike actually arrives, but I wan't some other accessories so I may have to make a sacrifice

·
Registered
214 Posts
Rough street price has been about $350-$375 USD. Saw one on Ebay just the other day.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Thay can do something. Don't let'em. Just get the RT if you're going to be modifying it, plug it in. For what a speedo recalibrator and/or flash cost just get the RT and you're done. Load map 16, that is it. Mondo fast V-Rod. Cheaper in the long run. Fun too!

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK I will look into the Race Tuner option, but can you confirm the part no. is it 32107-01B shown on page 30 of the new PDF cat.?
Thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
I wonder if there are any shops that would do a Group Purchase on the Race Tuner for under $350 if we could get enough interest??

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't think I will bother with Race Tuner as it's £400, the SE 16g / Air filter HD cartridge is £155, As for the speedo error, I will just guess how fast I'm going (I will check the error 1st. found a re-calibrator for £52 if needed).

·
FASTESTSTKBLTDRV
1,267 Posts
I Can Possibly Supply The Race Tuner For $350.00 Plus Shipping
In Lots Of Ten. Let Me Know!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Rick Nielson said:
I Can Possibly Supply The Race Tuner For $350.00 Plus Shipping
In Lots Of Ten. Let Me Know!
PM Sent