Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a set of SpeedBleeders. The part # for a V-Rod was hard to find so I though I would post it here if anyone needs it.

'03 V-Rod part # SB3824HD

Got mine direct from the manufacturer: speedbleeder.com

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
great info... my_vrscdx installed these on his '08DX, maybe he'll chime in and post up those part numbers.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Well holy crap what a great idea. Course it's not much help for flushing the line with new fluid completely....is it?
of course it is. Same concept as bleeding, except you just keep filling the reservoir until the fluid runs clear or whatever color it is straight from the bottle

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
... I need to figure out which one I need for my Brembo calipers...not HD Brembo, Ducati brembo...
If you have the four piston / four pad calipers like those used on the 998R they use the SB8125L. It's the same one that the HD Brembos use. The thread size is 8 mm x 1.25 mm pitch. There available either with zinc chromate on steel for $7 or in 303 SS for $15 (add –SS to part number).

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
can you use these on your clutch?

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
can you use these on your clutch?
Not on the early bikes like mine (2002 VRSCA) because the slave cylinder doesn’t have a traditional bleed screw. These were first used on the 2005 VRSC. I don’t know what the thread pitch is for these or if there’s room under the cover so someone with one of these clutch bleed screws will have to answer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, I guess so. I need to figure out which one I need for my Brembo calipers...not HD Brembo, Ducati brembo...
Just call them, they have sizes for just about everything.

Their website doesn't show everything they have.

I called up and asked about my V-Rod, my Honda XR400R and my 91 Ninja 600,,,, the lady knew all the part numbers right off the top of her head for each bike! She asked me what kind of calipers I had, mine are all stock, but I am sure she knows all those part numbers also... of course if she doesn't know them I am sure can look it up right away.

Their phone # 1 888 879 7016,,,,

I called, left a message,,,, called back a few hours later and she picked up. She did end up returning my phone message the next day (I had already spoken to her by then).

The cost on these things are very reasonable also.

Set of 3 (2 for the front, 1 for the back) was $26 including shipping,,, not bad at all.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
If you have the four piston / four pad calipers like those used on the 998R they use the SB8125L. It's the same one that the HD Brembos use. The thread size is 8 mm x 1.25 mm pitch. There available either with zinc chromate on steel for $7 or in 303 SS for $15 (add –SS to part number).
SB8125L is correct. Thank you. Ordered and in the mail!

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
Got mine today. Great product and fast. Wonder if there is a way to fit an adapter and a bleeder to the clutch slave cylinder...

·
brett
9,338 Posts
ive just emailed and asked for the p,ns for brakes and clutch for 07 AW,also asked if they would give a group buy price if we could get a few orders together ,i will post up when i get a response,with my exsperiance of doing this by myself, i need this product

1 - 13 of 13 Posts