Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: For those V-Rod owners that have installed the fairing/bars from www.speed-point.com (Germany?), where did you purchase your kit from and for how much?
Speed-Point has four US Wholesalers, Arlen Ness, Chrome Specialties, Custom Chrome and Eurocomponents.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, maybe I should of mentioned the Intro Screen is "not work friendly".

·
Registered
229 Posts
bars and fairing

SSTuner said:
Question: For those V-Rod owners that have installed the fairing/bars from www.speed-point.com (Germany?), where did you purchase your kit from and for how much?
Speed-Point has four US Wholesalers, Arlen Ness, Chrome Specialties, Custom Chrome and Eurocomponents.

Thanks in advance...
Just finishing installing mine now. Got them form euro and the cost was a little over $700. Really like the look. Very sporty.
ride safe
[email protected]
tom

·
Registered
582 Posts
I got mine from Eurocomponents... They sent it to AmericanSportbike.com for the carbon treatment...

Hey, did anyone have trouble installing the wiring harness and the speedo cluster?

I couldnt get the harness to fit behind the fairing without interference. Fitting the harness between the top triple tree and the speedpoint fairing mount looked like a bad idea(not as much clearance as with the stock parts.The instructions bit.

Also, there wasn't enough room in the cut down speedo cover for the connector plate, I had to pop all of the connection blocks off before I could stuff them in...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm curious... why does the speedo cover have to be cut? Will it only fit with their bars?

Kaz... is this the same one you have?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Leon said:
I'm curious... why does the speedo cover have to be cut? Will it only fit with their bars?

Kaz... is this the same one you have?

The speed point bars are wide and low... the risers are probably 3 inches shorter than stock, necessitating a shortened speedo cover. The whole assembly has to fit under the fairing, and it isnt as high as the stock speedo.
I used a dremel tool to cut down speedo covers down,not really that hard.

Kaz has a custom unit...not off the shelf!

Rodman

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hey Guys

I couldnt get the harness to fit behind the fairing without interference. Fitting the harness between the top triple tree and the speedpoint fairing mount looked like a bad idea(not as much clearance as with the stock parts.The instructions bit.

Also, there wasn't enough room in the cut down speedo cover for the connector plate, I had to pop all of the connection blocks off before I could stuff them in...

Anyone know what to do here?

Thanks
Rodman

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I'm the Old school Built it before it was available!I saw a pic of a Euro V-rod way back when and had to have one like it!Nothing was available and was all CUSTOM! :spank: Now everyone's gettin one! ;)

P.S Tom your Bike sure is starting to Look Familiar! :goof: ;)

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
here what my new one looked like before being Chromed! :kaz:

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again rodman.

I was surfing this AM and found that H-D offers for sale their headlamp fairing that is used on the AHDRA Screaming Eagle bike. It's part of the Nitro Bodywork Kiit and the p/n for the Headlamp Visor is 69768-04.

Probably mucho $$$$

·
Registered
885 Posts
SSTuner said:

Thanks in advance...
I have dealt with Speedpoint. I found it best to e-mail & mark it for attention of Volker Prior. He is helpful & handles the Stateside business, I found them good to deal with. :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.