Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kinda interested on this subject, the new DynoJet Powervision is said to use speed density for there new flash ecm.
What if any are the differences?

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
I had to google that. Sounds like an expensive way to make your bike 1/10 faster in the quarter. This is of course based on 30 seconds of reading, there is a possibility that I missed something.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
it appears that is will do most if not all the functions of the sert or sepst ... and it isn`t a piggy back.. i guess somebody at dyno jet has hacked the delphi sytems.. would love to tune with one and see how well it works...

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have been trying to figure this out to, dynojet claims the powervision uses speed density for their flash device, and that it is much better than the old system. of alfa tuning,
so they claim, Jamie at fuel moto is posting alot of good things of this,
since i know auto-tune, is good at only A/F tuning a map, the problem i find is that with-out a great map to start with, your ecm has no way of knowing if you got bigger cams, etc..
your only lucky if the precanned map is exactly as you have your bike set-up.

i have to wait to see

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i've been reading about it on hdforums dot com. i'm skeptical but i guess we'll see,

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
The VRFI3 can also be used for Speed Density tuning and also with up to a 3 bar MAP sensor. It can also drive up to 4 injectors and supports E85.

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The VRFI3 can also be used for Speed Density tuning and also with up to a 3 bar MAP sensor. It can also drive up to 4 injectors and supports E85.
so speed density tuning is better?
Why, from what i am able to read on the corvette forums is that they are basically the same,
but SD is faster
doesn't make sense

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
i have been trying to figure this out to, dynojet claims the powervision uses speed density for their flash device, and that it is much better than the old system. of alfa tuning,
so they claim, Jamie at fuel moto is posting alot of good things of this,
since i know auto-tune, is good at only A/F tuning a map, the problem i find is that with-out a great map to start with, your ecm has no way of knowing if you got bigger cams, etc..
your only lucky if the precanned map is exactly as you have your bike set-up.

i have to wait to see
No need for pre-canned maps. We have actually found it best to start from the plain 1130cc map the DTT provides with the VRFI3 units. Tunes faster and more accurate then trying to start with someone elses map.

When I went from 1350 to 1402 I just started with the 1350 baseline but quickly decided just to start fresh. Within 150 miles and a couple BLM applies I was good. Only other thing I needed to adjust was by hot-start fuel which is very simple.

It does not need to know what cams you have. Alpha-n tuning uses applied HP and injector pulse width at specific RPM, MAP and IAT areas to calculate fuel for each cell.

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
Does this work with a turbo? That would be cool to run 4 injectors setup with some shower heads

I just googled this and found this interesting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts