Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, wich are the best spark plus for my VRSCR ? I would like to change the stock for something better

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Hello, wich are the best spark plus for my VRSCR ? I would like to change the stock for something better
I haven't heard of any plugs other than stock that work better but there are alternatives that work as well:
NGK DCPR8E (Stock #: 4179, reset gap from 0.040" to 0.035")
NGK DCPR8EIX (Stock #: 6546, reset gap from 0.040" to 0.035")
Be careful messing with "designer" plugs since the ion sense knock sensor uses spark plug gap as the knock sensor.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
It's only a spark plug. Don't expect any gains over stock with any of them. This has been proven many times on a dyno. As mentioned, don't screw with the ion sensing feature with plugs of different resistant values.
Ron

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just use the Harley double platinum. They were like $11 for a pair off eBay. You won't get any gains from anying 3rd party over the Harley spark plugs.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Just use the stock plug-- don't go borrowing trouble. On an unmodified engine, work good, last long time.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I used HD part # 10R12APP .0389 .009 gap - at 10k , 10 years. All good.
Harley-Davidson Double Platinum 10R12APP Spark Plug
:them:

I run these in my turbo, no problems after 43k.
"Split Fire" spark plugs went out of business due to false claims about their product that were false and nothing special. With no performance or fuel economy difference from a standard spark plug. As P.T. Barnum once said "There's a sucker born every minute"

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
There are no real gains to moving away from stock plugs, gapped at .035. As a matter of fact, if the plugs resistance is too far off, it can disable the ion sensing knock detection. It's best to keep that active to save detonation damage should one runs into a condition where the bike has started to run lean from a bad pump or crappy gas.
Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts