Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post some photo about F spark plug and battery, as I'm a noob and know nothing about this bike

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Sure ...

... here ya go - a spark plug and a battery. These are from an R but I think you'll find the F ones look very similar (F battery's a bit larger, I think).

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I think I figure out the type of items I need. This might be a dumb question. How do I locate the plug? I'm totally new to bike, so I'm learning basics.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
... here ya go - a spark plug and a battery. These are from an R but I think you'll find the F ones look very similar (F battery's a bit larger, I think).
Nice!:angeldev:

The Spark plugs are on the top of the heads, under your Airbox cover. The battery, if HD hasn't moved it, is also under the Air box, behind the steering head.

·
Banned
1,923 Posts
Then you have to remove the ignition coils that sit on top of the heads and the plugs are deep down that hole. The front ignition coil and plug is under the battery. The battery is where Honey B said.

Bicep

·
Registered
234 Posts
Make sure you pick up a spark plug socket to get them out or you might break it off inside and then be in a whole lot of hurt $$$. Since your a noob thought would be good to say. We all had to learn somtime, glad to hear your getting your hands dirty and learning your bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts