brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ,out of curiosity ,what does 1 gold h,d spark plug cost in the usa ,

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
hey guys ,out of curiosity ,what does 1 gold h,d spark plug cost in the usa ,
The VRSC Gold spark plug (10R12AG, HD P/N: 32331-05) retails for $4.95 ($3.96 with 20% discount). That's about $1 more than the OEM copper electrode 10R12A (32335-04).

However, most people find the NGK DCPR8E copper electrode plug to work fine and is available through many sources for as little as $2 in the US.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
The VRSC Gold spark plug (10R12AG, HD P/N: 32331-05) retails for $4.95 ($3.96 with 20% discount). That's about $1 more than the OEM copper electrode 10R12A (32335-04).

However, most people find the NGK DCPR8E copper electrode plug to work fine and is available through many sources for as little as $2 in the US.
:them:

You should be able to find the NGK DCPR8E without issue in Australia. The other NGK number associated with that plug is #4179 depending on how the parts store will look it up.

I could bring you a couple to MWT with the rest of your things if you would like. :)

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
If you pay full retail then you’re right: $4.95 - $3.95 = perzactly $1.00, however; if you use a dealer that gives a 20% discount it would be $3.96 - $3.16 = $0.80 or about $1.
Well, yes, BUT there are no dealers around here who give any discount a'tall (the local, when they first opened, used to give 10% if you bought into their "Club" for $75/yr!) so that would leave ordering from Zanotti's, e.g., as the option for a discount. Whatcha reckon shipping charges would be for one sparkling plug, eh?

Aside, I usually buy NGKs but needed a set and didn't have spares at home. I was in the 4th dealership trying to find that $^&($*$% rear breather tube, so what the hell, it was only a couple of bucks and the nearest parts house that carries NGKs is ~25mi from home, same as the Hardley shop. Pretty simple math.

:eek:fftopic:

A little story for y'all that got a buncha guffaws at the H-D shop in Gainesville.

After buying a new battery at the Daytona shop and then being rained out (in, actually, and the new tent didn't leak!) on installation, but finding the center of the breather tube almost completely rotted out, I went 'cross the street after the Meet 'n' Greet to get a new tube. No got, and neither did their other shop. So I repaired the tube with duct tape and, Friday, when I rode up to the Outback Crab Shack near St. Augustine, I stopped at the shop there to see if they had the %^&*^(* thing.

The Parts Dood's name was Charlie and I told Charlie I needed "a rear breather tube for a '07 Street Rod - not a Street Glide, a Street Rod, VRSCR. Pull out the parts book and I'll point it out to you." Charlie said, "Where'd you park? You'd better let me see your bike (like I didn't know what kind of bike I was riding and he could straighten me out)." I pointed over to the front window and he was already headed in that direction. I followed him and he asked, "Which one?" "That Black and Pewter Denim one, or dull silver as I like to call it, right there with the white helmet hanging from the right mirror," I said, pointing. "Hmmph," Charlie replied, "those V-Rods are strange bikes; we don't have many of them 'round here." Needless to say, they didn't have the part - but Charlie offered to order it for me.
:rofl:

Headed up I75, I checked the Zumo for dealerships near the highway and Jill, the b*t*h in the box, tried to send me to the Ocala shop, about 25 miles back the way I'd come. Later, I saw that the Gainesville shop was close to I75 and swung off the hwy. (Zumo b*t*h thought the shop was located about 200yds before where it actually was and, if you don't have any experience with Zumos, that's all too common.) There were three guys at/near the parts counter and most of the shop was getting ready for the party they were having that evening.

One Parts Dood asked what I needed and I told them I had to tell them a story first. I told them all about Charlie and they all but rolled on the floor, laughing. One of the guys said, "Yeah, I know him;I talk to him most every day." I told him to tell Charlie that he's an idiot and that gator said so. They laughed again, got me the breather tube, sparkling plugs, an oil filter, and a marked-down 42" Goodridge universal brake line that was on the half-price table and will come in handy some day, prob'ly on the hardtail chopper project.

Well, it was funny at the time. :D

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys.funny i was thinking of going the other way .my dealer is clearing them out for less than cost .normally we pay about 9:50 each .but they let me have some for 3:95 and was thinking i could buy the rest and bring em over for you guys if they were cheaper.but as usual nope u guys still win.oh well the thought was there .lol

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
thanks guys.funny i was thinking of going the other way .my dealer is clearing them out for less than cost .normally we pay about 9:50 each .but they let me have some for 3:95 and was thinking i could buy the rest and bring em over for you guys if they were cheaper.but as usual nope u guys still win.oh well the thought was there .lol
Awww, Brett, that's sweet, and it is the thought that counts after all.:rofl:
(I voted for your bike, BTW, it's a knockout!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts