Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my '03 VRSCA from a used motorcycle shop in Toronto.

I am interested to hear about V-Rod service experiences and HD dealerships that are "V-Rod" knowledgeable?

I live in the Brantford area, so would be looking at London, Kitchener, Mississauga, Toronto area?

Thank you for your tips and experiences.

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
100YR VROD said:
I recently purchased my '03 VRSCA from a used motorcycle shop in Toronto.

I am interested to hear about V-Rod service experiences and HD dealerships that are "V-Rod" knowledgeable?

Welcome.
Service shop for a v-rod, close to Toronto ?

That would probably be in Alberta.

·
Sorry, danny1130
670 Posts
laconia76 said:
Welcome.
Service shop for a v-rod, close to Toronto ?

That would probably be in Alberta.

HAHAHAHAHHA ... oh, wait, you were serious.

I think Alberta is about right ...

Did you get the bike from that little shop just off Queen E???

I saw an annodized there recently.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, that's where I got her!
Love the bike! Runs great.
So Alberta! Nice place, spent some time out there.
I love a nice ride, maybe next summer?
:surrender

·
Sorry, danny1130
670 Posts
Glad to hear you've found a great bike! don't think I'll be driving out to Alberta ...too much flat and straight to get there! but I would like to head south to Deal's Gap/Blue Ridge prakway next summer!

Congrats again on the bike man!

As for an answer to the question ... I've taken the bike to Harley on Front St and I've been reasonably satisfied for the most part. Thanks to this site, however, I've managed to do enough of the mods myself, and avoided some of the ridiculous pricing for labour. The parts guys are knowledgeable and more than happy to help you out, even if you're on the RHSC.

I don't imagine their any better or worse than Yonge and Hwy 7.

Hope this helps,

d

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
remember: if you take it to Donny Peterson, the author guy, with a "Bas Azz" bike shop in To, remember to ask him, when the V-rod changed from drive shaft to a belt.

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
I've had mine for two years and I've done all work myself. Mackies in Oshawa is where I bought it and they seem alright but I like doing my own work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tips guys.
I've been to Duke's in Chatham, nice shop.
Never been to Mackie's, but looks big on their website.
I just picked mine up today from a local Brantford shop (not a dealer) that specializes in Harley's, he really likes the v-rod and seemed to know a fair bit about them, treated me fairly, so looks like I'm good for now.
Thanks again,
Mike

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ricksvrod,
Have you had any dealings with Rocky's, they seem to have vrod's in the showroom a good portion of the time?

·
Registered
177 Posts
i was in Rocky's yesterday~ again the mechanics r not knowlegable about the V-rod. he promised me the coolent problem was fixed and 40km north of London, ON yesterday it starts spewing out again.with oil drinking issue the same old story i get monitor it.i noticed he was getting his info from the VRSC manual also.again he only put 4.5 qts in the bike

also since teh bike was looked at i get a sound like rocks grinding when i change from 3rd to 4th.it sounds like radiator

they have an 08 on the floor and when asked about a trade they would give me $11,000 in a trade.wow i paid $24,000 for it

CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND A V-ROD knowlegadle mech~~

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Newfie,
That answers my question about Rocky's!
I took mine to an independant shop in Brantford, HIPS Cycles.
They only service Harley's and Dave the owner really likes the V-ROD's.
Mine was in for a basic service, change the oil look it over and a rad flush, since the overflow was all gummy looking.
He seems to know a fair bit about the ROD's and has a few loyal customer's, so far me included (although it's only been in once).

Hips Cycle Inc. - Since 1988
900 Colborne St. E.
Brantford
ON
N3S 3T1
Phone (519) 756-6218
Fax (519) 756-4497

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you take it to the "stealer" in Peterborough, you'll likley end up with free winter storage as it will take them that long to look at/fix it! Buddy had his there for the simple fuel fix and it was there well OVER a month in the middle of summer riding season after they changed coil packs, injectors etc.......looking for the problem

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
I havent had service yet but i have bought parts from kitchener harley (the owner has a vrscx.)
I bought mine from dukes in chattem and will go for first service there and see what happens .
I dont know where to go when I do the pipe and fueler

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ger,
Where are you located? I lived in K-W for over 30 yrs, moved about 4 yrs ago.
Quite a distance between Kitchener and Chatham?
The DX is my favourite, thinking of trading up soon?
I almost worked out a deal in Kitchener a year ago and the service guy was riding a purple or burgandy VRSC?

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Newfie_V-Rod said:
i was through Guelph, K-W, and Stratford, ON on Monday

nice towns~

it was freakin hot with full face on also for Oct
You should go thru there today -- You'll be glad to have the full facer on ..:D
I have a sister that lives in Kitchener so I get up there every now and then. :moped:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Barrie Harley, Dave is one of the shop mngrs. there; actually owned V-Rods, Bruce is the head guy.....always helpfull, know their V-Rods, fair priced (even for a dealer). Davies in Richmond Hill is 2 min. away from my house and I go to Barrie.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts