Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Lock Talk Squawk
170 Posts
Lakeside/North Island

Hello! Moving on in to my 3rd region since joining... We are moving in to Lakeside CA tomorrow right off highway 67 which I here is a decent area for mountain back roads and "biker" bars. We will also be at the National City HD next Saturday for their bikini bike wash and band bash... Hope to meet some of y'all out here in the BEAUTIFUL San Dog area. I'm stationed with HSL45 at North Island NAS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
New VRSCDX

I've been lurking here for a while, and this forum has been a tremendous resource so far.

I just picked up my '09 Night Rod Special a week ago, so I thought this would be a good place to start. I got my license less than a month ago, so I had some reservations about starting out with such a big and powerful bike. But the posts here tended to lean more towards getting the bike I would be growing into (as opposed to grow out of) and I don't regret my decision. Anyway:

Name: Sam S.
Destination: Local/Orange County for now

·
Registered
853 Posts
Tim W. Born and raised here in sunny So.Cal.Now living in Lakewood,just north of Long Beach.Destination:Global travel!!!

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts
Progressive Suspension is having a photo shoot in Orance County for vintage bikes. If you have a vintage, you may want to check it out. Trying to get details and I will post up if/when I get more info.

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Help

Please help...I bought my 07 DX (used)from a member here on the forum back in 07. His name on the forum is MRG (Mark Grant). Mark lives in Palm Springs. Mark sold me the bike with the 5 yr. extended warranty. Well.....my bike is in the shop right now for the first time and the dealer is telling me Mark didn't follow procedure and transfer the warranty into my name. I have a contact at the warranty company that says if Mark calls her they will allow the transfer. The warranty is intact and I'm sure Mark just overlooked this. Could someone please get me Marks number or have him call me as I can't find his number and he is unlisted [email protected] 248.982.4440...I would be forever grateful...ty Rick

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
I think I met Mark once when we had the Jeannie Millender Run (2-3 yrs ago). He even paid for our breakfast. He seemed to be a stand-up guy. I remembered him telling us he was selling his DX. I don't have his number though. PM Kelly or Pascal and see if they have his number. They might not remember him.

·
Ef
100 Posts
Hey bud I'm on the border of Oc and LA off beach. I have a lot of the basic tools for tune ups and minor chop work. If you need help hit me up, or if you feel like meeting up for a Vride let me know. That's goes for anyone in the LA area since I work up in the south bay.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
GR Customs

GR Customs is located in Orange County although we don't have a shop here or store, as we are online, we do use Milita Cycles for all our install's and V-Rod work!

They are Factory Certified Mechanic's that have been working on my V-Rods for over 2 years now!

Great guys to work with and get your bike done quickly and right the first time!

Militia Cycles 949-248-2723 located off the 5 frwy at Avery Pkwy exit

GR

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Aight, just picked up bike from Texas, rode it here, and now I'm in a hotel for 3 months. Need some references. Where is the best place to:

Get new tires?
Get the bike detailled?
Get a full tune-up/check-up and oil change?
Repair some minor damage on rear fender tin?

Am I missing something? :)

Also, is the dealership here reputable?
member in need of some assistance

·
17 Posts
Name : Dee
Home : Riverside
Destinations : Wherever I want! If I didn't have my DX to look forward to, I wouldn't get out of bed. What will I do when I sell my baby? :(

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Los Angeles motorcycles can use Express lanes for free

After a few months of limbo, the official position on motorcycles using the new “ExpressLanes” on I-110 and I-10 has been clarified: we can do it, free of charge and without a transponder or FasTrak account. Yay.
Motorcyclists who had purchased a transponder for that purpose recently received this email from Metro ExpressLane Customer Service:
“A recent improvement to our tolling software now enables motorcycles with a standard issue license plate to travel on the Metro ExpressLanes toll-free without a transponder or FasTrak® account, effective immediately! This is based upon the DMV issuing unique license plates for motorcycles, coupled with a software improvement that now allows us to positively identify a standard issue motorcycle plate. If you would like to close your account, please return your transponder with a note that you would like to close your account.”

181 - 200 of 211 Posts