Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
Joined
·
14,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey now... where are all the South East Michigan V-Rodders??? we need to perhaps reach out to our brothers in H.O.G. and B.R.A.G. ---and get some casual rides together... don't get me wrong, I'm all for an organized ride for charity, but what about something a little different? also... what's up with the "underground" in this area? I just know there's some underground partying and dare I say racing going on in or near Detroit on warm summer nights... when and where???

Anyway, who's with me? Can we plan an early spring meet and greet?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,582 Posts
What goods an Air Shifter if you don't Race a Little! ;) :kaz:
 

·
V-Rod Addict
Joined
·
466 Posts
I am up for a group ride if it ever stops snowing here!!!!
 

·
V-Rod Addict
Joined
·
466 Posts
Wednesday nights in Royal Oak are a good time. There are always a couple of V-Rods up there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
Motown_VROD said:
Wednesday nights in Royal Oak are a good time. There are always a couple of V-Rods up there.
Yeah, one of them is usually mine. It's the 2-tone with the 'boattail' Corbin seat.
 

·
Good at IT
Joined
·
83 Posts
Hey Guys... Keep me informed of anything you get together. I'm up there a lot, best friend lives in Romeo, rides a Beemer, I forgave him :bash: . If I ever happen to be there on a Wednesday, I'll definitely hit Royal Oak (usually up there over weekends though). Hope to see you guys around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Count me in!
I agree a Wednesday night at Royal Oak would be a good place to meet.
If weather cooperates, how about tomorrow night?
Forecast calls for partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain. Doesn't look too bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
mvrod said:
Count me in!
I agree a Wednesday night at Royal Oak would be a good place to meet.
If weather cooperates, how about tomorrow night?
Forecast calls for partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain. Doesn't look too bad.
Should be there. How's the bike running? Have you had any more dyno work done?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Bike is running great! No, haven't done anymore dyno work on it.
I did order the chrome muffler clamp covers and a set of pass peg extenders, so I'm looking forward to getting these simple mods done.

At what time do you ussually get to Royal Oak?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
i live in lambertville,mi. which is near toledo,oh.the riding out west of here is great.dundee(cabelas is a good place to meet)blissfield,adrian,all nice towns.on saturday-if it ever stops raining-im thinking of heading out to napoleon,oh. to h-d sales which is a nice ride and an awesome dealership which has a museum as well.anyway i believe they have something going on out ther sat.they have a web site www.h-dsales.com
 

·
V-Rod Addict
Joined
·
466 Posts
My ride is at Motown HD getting a new alt. cover and stator cover because of a reoccuring oil leak. I don't think I'll have it back by tomorrow night, but next Wednesday I'll be there if the weather cooperates.

I'm up there usually most Wednesdays in the summer. We have to plan a get together there!

Joe
 

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
Joined
·
7,267 Posts
mvrod said:
Count me in!
I agree a Wednesday night at Royal Oak would be a good place to meet.
If weather cooperates, how about tomorrow night?
Forecast calls for partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain. Doesn't look too bad.
Royal Oak as in the city of .....

Or is this someplace else???

Thanx,

HoldHard
 

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
Joined
·
14,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YO!
I've been up to the CITY of Royal Oak on a few Thursdays, but not on a Wednesday yet. For anyone new... the bikes stay close to Main street.
Mr. B's is cool, Memphis Smoke House is cool as well... just be cool with your noise because your pipes can lead to a novelty helmet ticket... also be sure to put coins in the nearest meter. you'll get a $5 ticket faster than you can ante up once the maid comes around.
Weather permitting we should meet each week... BTW- a quick plug for my friends over at ERIN PUB... (on 14 mile just east of Groesbeck) Thursday nights hear the Reefermen play live! It's worth the free cover!
See ya, HotFoot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
Motown_VROD said:
My ride is at Motown HD getting a new alt. cover and stator cover because of a reoccuring oil leak. I don't think I'll have it back by tomorrow night, but next Wednesday I'll be there if the weather cooperates.

I'm up there usually most Wednesdays in the summer. We have to plan a get together there!

Joe
Call Motown and tell Gunny and Brian to get on it! :rofl2:

BTW: Check your bike over before you take delivery. They are the ones that f-upped my swingarm!! But I do have to say, they took care of it w/o a hassle!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
mvrod said:
Bike is running great! No, haven't done anymore dyno work on it.
I did order the chrome muffler clamp covers and a set of pass peg extenders, so I'm looking forward to getting these simple mods done.

At what time do you ussually get to Royal Oak?
Usually by 6:30. Try to beat the parking crowd. Got a few errands to run right after work, but still should be there by 6:30. Hope to see you there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
KC8ANP said:
Hey Guys... Keep me informed of anything you get together. I'm up there a lot, best friend lives in Romeo, rides a Beemer, I forgave him :bash: . If I ever happen to be there on a Wednesday, I'll definitely hit Royal Oak (usually up there over weekends though). Hope to see you guys around.
Sounds good. Let us know if you are in this neck of the woods...
 

·
V-Rod Addict
Joined
·
466 Posts
Johnny HotFoot said:
YO!
I've been up to the CITY of Royal Oak on a few Thursdays, but not on a Wednesday yet. For anyone new... the bikes stay close to Main street.
Wednesday nights are for the Harleys and Thursday's seem to be a good mix of all types of bikes. Wednesday's get really packed. If you get there after 7:30 you'll have a hard time finding a spot to park.

Memphis Smoke has a band later in the evening on Wednesdays too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Looks Like I'm out of luck :banghead: I'm a second shifter. I don't get out of work until 11:00 :(
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top