Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought an 07 VRSCAW and just replace the original tires with Michelin Commander II and had a local HD dealer do the replacement. Since I bought the tires from HD I could not get Road Hazard Insurance from Michelin. HD has a Tire and Wheel warranty available but it seems kinda pricey, although the tires were not cheap to begin with. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions on alternate sources for the tire RHI? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Recently bought an 07 VRSCAW and just replace the original tires with Michelin Commander II and had a local HD dealer do the replacement. Since I bought the tires from HD I could not get Road Hazard Insurance from Michelin. HD has a Tire and Wheel warranty available but it seems kinda pricey, although the tires were not cheap to begin with. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions on alternate sources for the tire RHI? Thanks.
You'd think HD would push it through. I can't believe Michelin wouldn't honor that , regardless of who sold it. Something ain't right and that usually starts at the dealer.
Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I contacted Michelin directly right after I bought the rear tire (bought it first) and they told me they do not provide road hazard insurance on a tire that was not purchase from an actual "tire dealership" (I think that was the term they used), which HD is not. Meaning HD does not buy directly from Michelin but instead, they buy the tire from a "tire dealership" and then sell it to you. I was kind of caught between a rock and hard place when I bought the rear tire. I was sitting on the side of the road on a Saturday morning and no one had that fat rear tire in stock but HD and they could get me back on the road in 2 hours. I had only had the bike a month, could only ride on weekends and it was late June in Phoenix AZ so riding time was running out. Needless to say I had to pay the price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts