Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Rodders,
After riding with a new friend today who also has an 03 though he has
different exhaust. We both noticed a different sound coming from the motor itself. Not the exhuast. My bike has a noticible whine with the motor that changes in pitch with the RPM? My question is do any of you notice the same
sound on your bike?

My 03 has 500+ miles just broken in today!

P.S. Had a great time today Dan! Enjoyed the ride!
:cheers:

Ron Myers

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Sounds like cam chains to me. Ask about it at your 1000 miles service. Also consider syn oil too. Sounds pretty normal to me though.

John

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Ketsugo is correct that the timing chains and balancer make a distinct whining sound. All of the v-rods I have heard have that same sound.

Max

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
It only bothers me between 70 and 80 mph - there is something about the pitch of the whine at those speeds that is like torture to me. Do you think that would count as a reasonable defense for speeding?

Christine

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Christine if your caught speeding now tell them it was the solar flare that effected your speedo? :)

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I was riding with Ron saturday, and his new engine definately had a whine mine doesn't. I have almost 8k miles on mine, and Syn oil, has 500 and dino oil. But when he pulled alongside at a light, it was a definate difference. I think the Syn is the biggest difference. Cristine, are you running Syn oil??

·
Black Beauty Rider
92 Posts
I love that whine sound! It reminds me of the old style balanced and blueprinted motors with a blower on a race car.
I'll keep the 'dino' oil if it keeps that sound!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts