Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, will be picking up a 2011 vivid black muscle in early october (when dealer nearby is getting one in stock). couple quick questions...

want to get the v&h slip ons but only see part listed for '09. am i right to assume it is same fitment for any '09-'11? also gonna get air filter and power commander so it runs properly. where have you all found good pricing on these items?

that is all i have planned for now... i'm sure some bling bits will be added over the winter but gonna put the go-fast parts on first.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just fitted the Vance & Hines Competition Series Slip-Ons to my 2011 and the fit and match is 100% perfect.

Here's some tips (if self installing): Spray a little WD-40 just inside the new pipes where they slip on. Much easier to fit. You'll have to use the new clamps that are supplied with the V&H pipes. The stock ones won't fit. There is a huge weight savings with the new pipes as well. It will be obvious when you pull the old ones off.

I got good prices at www.directharleyparts.com. They took about 7 days to come in and it looks like it was drop shipped direct from Vance & Hines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts