Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well went riding on my b-day. Nothing better than riding on my bike to celebrate being alive! Annnd it was cut a tad short... thanks to my break light.
A friendly trucker informed me that my break light was literally hanging by a wire so I pulled over and he wasn't joking! I managed to, and it hurts me to say this, super glue the assembly to the rubber seam so as to get home and find a more permanent fix. I don't mind fixing or buying parts so this is no problem at all. I'll find a way to get this POS light back on cause there's plenty of daylight left and I don't plan to spend it indoors!

*the teeth to the assembly broke off into the rubber seal. I suspect it happened when I hit a HUGE pot hole. Could've swallowed me whole actually... lol

**Also can't post pics, because a "lack of security token". Whatever that means??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL. I was able to fix it pretty quickly and finish my day out on the road, which was nice. I simply loctited the assembly's grooves(to compensate for the broken teeth) onto the rubber/plastic seal slides and snapped the seal back into the frame. The seal never popped out of the frame, only the light assembly did after those small teeth broke off.
Also who ever installed the light assembly the first time forgot to slide the bottom part of the assembly onto the seal, hence it falling out pretty easily. I'm confident that it'll stay put, now that it's installed "correctly".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts