Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the bike in for the 1k service this morning. I had a couple of questions that the check in guy wasn't sure about, so he brought a Tech out from the service area.

After answering the questions we got to talking about the V in general. I told him this was my favorite of three HD bikes I've owned...although not the most popular of the lineup. He said without a doubt it is the best bike MoCo makes. Says he has only seen a couple of non-operator caused mechanical issues and by far the least repairs required (which most here already know). He also went on about the base HP of the V versus other HD's comparing it to the 110 for ~$30k.

I didn't go in to validate what I already know...I really like my bike. But it was nice to hear positive comments from a guy that has seen a few bikes in his day and isn't try to make a commission selling one.

Thought I'd pass along...

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
:plause::thumb: sometimes strange events like this happen

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was surprised when the guy running the dyno (at a dealer) told me the numbers he got on HIS V. Now that's the kind of guy I want tuning mine. :D

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Took the bike in for the 1k service this morning. I had a couple of questions that the check in guy wasn't sure about, so he brought a Tech out from the service area.

After answering the questions we got to talking about the V in general. I told him this was my favorite of three HD bikes I've owned...although not the most popular of the lineup. He said without a doubt it is the best bike MoCo makes. Says he has only seen a couple of non-operator caused mechanical issues and by far the least repairs required (which most here already know). He also went on about the base HP of the V versus other HD's comparing it to the 110 for ~$30k.

I didn't go in to validate what I already know...I really like my bike. But it was nice to hear positive comments from a guy that has seen a few bikes in his day and isn't try to make a commission selling one.

Thought I'd pass along...
He's either a salesman in training or a guy I would want working on my bike. Stick with him for service!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
What's cool in the zone of dealers I live around is that the Zone rep loves and rides V-Rods.
Chuck Kennedy.His son is a member on our forum.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
He's either a salesman in training or a guy I would want working on my bike. Stick with him for service!
If it was Josh over at Republic then he is not in training to become a sales guy, he just genuinely embraces technology while respecting tradition as well.

Alestex, What dealer were you at?

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,172 Posts
It would be nice to have a dealer around that supports the V. The dealer I bought my bike at doesn't have any v-rods for sale on the floor. Sad.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it was Josh over at Republic then he is not in training to become a sales guy, he just genuinely embraces technology while respecting tradition as well.

Alestex, What dealer were you at?
It was Rob at Republic HD. I'm sure he isn't trying to get into sales, but is a guy who loves turning a wrench on bikes. Very nice guy.

I've been dealing with them for a couple of years. Based on what I've heard about other dealers, not sure there's another out there that supports the V more than them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts