Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Looks great if you want to load up the tent and all the gear, and head to the state park campground on a heavy bike that can't go too far off road on some jeep trails, stop & camp. I applaud H-D for taking on this segment but they should have done it long ago - hopefully it compares well with its competition in performance & price - H-D needs a Winner. SO - Where's my new R Model V Rod with the mid controls, new engine and modern mountain twisties attack gear ? I've got a few full off-road M/C's that I can really go way far off road (and go fast) while I wear the proper protective gear, and sleep in an RV, camper or hotel. I for one don't need a M/C that may not do either real well, while I carry all that gear weight. Having said that, I'm sure this bike will do well, especially out west where you could go on a week long adventure from like Denver to the four corners on roads to off road jeep trails and ride it to town for food & supplies. Did a little of that on a BMW GS 1200 a couple years ago out there, up to 11,000 feet, and was impressed. Hopefully the P/A does well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I hear you streetrodracer
Glad the Moco is continuing with water cooled engines.

"The 60-degree vee provides space for dual downdraft throttle bodies. H-D claims the new 1,250cc engine will produce more than 145 hp and 90 pound-feet of torque"

(975cc for the Bronx streetfighter and 1,250cc for the Pan American. )

They should bang out some Old D and R frames w/180 rear tires and squeeze
the Revo Max 1250cc in there.

The bigger 1,250cc version, which will come first to the Pan America but is also eventually destined for the firm's Streetfighter model, is aiming at more than 145 hp and over 90 pound-feet.
interesting!

https://www.cycleworld.com/harley-davidson-pan-america/

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
What's the M/C Future @ H-D hold ?

Yes, Very Interesting stevemcgov - hopefully the new engine will be as reliable as the Revolution, but I seriously doubt it. If it's 145 Hp and 90 ft.lbs that would put it about equal at the rear wheel with a Stage 1 1250cc Revo, which would be very respectable. Hopefully it's lighter, Revo's a tank. We'll see ! Streetfighter model may be really cool, but pretty much a single seater hooligan bike so yea, they need to build a lighter V Rod R Model spec frame around that engine, retain the two up capability, add top suspension & brakes & KEEP IT UNDER 600 Lbs and I might just go by H-D clutching my checkbook when they arrive for a look see - if the Streetfighter is really good maybe just buy it and keep the old fixed up R model for 2 up work ? We'll see ! - :blahblah: :D

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,090 Posts
It's definitely the spawn of VROD. :)

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,090 Posts
I had my VRSCAs for 15 years along with a Honda F6B for touring with my wife. I've also owned dual sports including Honda Rally and Zero DS.

The PA is the best of all combined.

+Pos+
The power to weight ratio is excellent. With computer assist, you can launch hard.
Computer controls blending traction control, wheelie limiter, suspension adjustment, and throttle response are amazing. Customize to taste!
6-speed Transmission is smooooooth.
Seat is all day comfortable.
It's as nimble as any 750.
Auto Ride Height ROCKS!

-Neg-
Revolution heritage includes a noisy top end.
Lots of heat from pipes to shin. Lol
The software for infotainment is still buggy.
Lots of new buttons to learn.

This is my swiss army knife of bikes. It does everything pretty well.

I'm having a blast!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts