Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Proud Infidel!
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This kinds gives a new perspective on Harley riders.....A few folks here on the Forum are of the same opinion. I'm one of them.

Steve

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Wow! Loved the ditch!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
No opinion on "Harley riders" either way. I know some great riders, some with trophy's and championships, know some bad ones too, I also see a lot of azzholes on the road, some on Harleys and some on sports bikes. In fact when you see a gang of bikes doing stunts on the freeway, guess who it isn't.

Funny thing is that a big percentage of Harley owners were once on and maybe still own Jap shite and/or a sports bike. How does that figure into this equation! Are they "Harley riders" or "other riders"? None of the above?

·
Registered
550 Posts
No opinion on "Harley riders" either way. I know some great riders, some with trophy's and championships, know some bad ones too, I also see a lot of azzholes on the road, some on Harleys and some on sports bikes. In fact when you see a gang of bikes doing stunts on the freeway, guess who it isn't.

Funny thing is that a big percentage of Harley owners were once on and maybe still own Jap shite and/or a sports bike. How does that figure into this equation! Are they "Harley riders" or "other riders"? None of the above?
I totaly agree. There r good and bad riders from all makes of bikes. I just dont understand all the harley hate.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
Funny SHIIT...loved the vid. Even though this guy is probably one of those A-HOLES who cut you off or rides your ass with his car or when he's on a bike, he's cruising @ 15-20 mph below the speed limit...

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts

The "No Opinion" part really didn't last too long in that statement huh?

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
The San Diego BMW Club was visited last year by two members of the local HOG chapter. They came to berate the BMW Club because several of their members passed a long line of HOG members clogging a two lane road on a group ride.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
The San Diego BMW Club was visited last year by two members of the local HOG chapter. They came to berate the BMW Club because several of their members passed a long line of HOG members clogging a two lane road on a group ride.
VEry busy yapping on their intercom systems and watching for the "Captain" to tell the what to do and where to go blah blah blah... LOts of fun I bet. Good Lord there is no bigger deflating feeling when you get to the canyons and find yourself behind a line of these slow moving shit boxes.
Everyone else on the road is very considerate 90% of the time, I see sport bikes come up behind me, i pull over a bit in the lane to let them go, others do the same for me. Get 4 or more of these idiots on HD's and no one is going anywhere.

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
I know by far more guys on sport bikes who would fit every portion of that video than I do guys who.ride Harley's.
It really kind of pathetic. It probably took him a while to compile all that. I could complile about 10x as much about sport bikes in like 15 min on YouTube.
Like someone stated, you don't see a pack of Harley's on the freeway doing stunts.......

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
"You look like a total dweeb! Why'd you buy a Harley if you wanna look like that?"

Classic projection.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I know by far more guys on sport bikes who would fit every portion of that video than I do guys who.ride Harley's.
It really kind of pathetic. It probably took him a while to compile all that. I could complile about 10x as much about sport bikes in like 15 min on YouTube.
Like someone stated, you don't see a pack of Harley's on the freeway doing stunts.......

I see it more like the old woman doing 40mph in the fast lane on the highway, she causes more trouble and accidents with people trying to get around her than someone speeding down the road.

·
Exemplary Asshole
1,063 Posts
I've seen bikes go off the cliff like that between Floyd, VA and Woolwine, VA..... funny thing is they've all been street bikes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
550 Posts

I agtee way more sport bike guys doing crazy or stupid stunts. U dont see the harley haters on this site putting them down. The video is just another example of the harley haters club on this site to use anything they can to bash hd bikes, the people whom ride those great bikes, the dealerships , and the merchandise they sell. I also ride a ultra classic and buy there merchandise and use there delerships with no nightmere stories.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I agtee way more sport bike guys doing crazy or stupid stunts. U dont see the harley haters on this site putting them down. The video is just another example of the harley haters club on this site to use anything they can to bash hd bikes, the people whom ride those great bikes, the dealerships , and the merchandise they sell. I also ride a ultra classic and buy there merchandise and use there delerships with no nightmere stories.
it's just a bike. Something you bought, Mass produced. Not so special.

·
Registered
34 Posts
it's just a bike. Something you bought, Mass produced. Not so special.
My BMW is somewhat mass produced David.
What is your thought on that?
Oh, and there isn't nearly the "harley halloween" gear from BMW shops, but I do enjoy people asking me if I have a bright green vest, or full mesh gear for HOT summer rides.
The other fun idium is that I don't have all the accessories yet for the Beemer. Namely the bright green vest, and the handle bar mounted Cappuchino maker.
Just sayin!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
My BMW is somewhat mass produced David.
What is your thought on that?
Oh, and there isn't nearly the "harley halloween" gear from BMW shops, but I do enjoy people asking me if I have a bright green vest, or full mesh gear for HOT summer rides.
The other fun idium is that I don't have all the accessories yet for the Beemer. Namely the bright green vest, and the handle bar mounted Cappuchino maker.
Just sayin!
Some just take this xorp thing a little to serious is all. And I'm a Jerk.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts