Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Some gorgeous Road-Rods

4K views 51 replies 30 participants last post by  original owner 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Some really nice roadrods, I wish the MOCO would just bring out a Vrod bagger and be done with it so we can all have some fun. Hell, what will I do with my airhead bagger when that happens?

#12 ·
bigvrodder said:
The Vrod wasn't designed to be a bagger and adding a fairing, hardbags etc just takes away from what a Vrod was truly meant to be. BV
...Says the guy with a Rune (IMHO, the ugliest bike ever made) avatar. Any bike is a platform for the owner to make his own. If some guy turned a Ninja into a tour bike, I think it would be butt ugly, but it's his, not mine.

#13 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

this one aint too terribly bad, I guess they are starting to grow on me.

#15 ·
bigvrodder said:
The Vrod wasn't designed to be a bagger and adding a fairing, hardbags etc just takes away from what a Vrod was truly meant to be. BV
In that case, I suggest you not add any of that stuff. Hope you don't mind if some of us have.

Of course, we could care less if you do mind. :bash:

#18 ·
bigvrodder said:
Uh??? This IS the "bagger section" isn't it?

#19 ·
bigvrodder said:

Would it surprise you if I told to that, all other things equal, my bike is inherently faster than yours due to the aerodynamic advantage of the fairing?

Would it surprise you if I told you that my bike handles better than yours due to the tires and wheels, the more efficient riding position, AND the aerodynamic advantage of the fairing?

Would it surprise you if I told you that I can ride my bike comfortably at or near triple digit speeds for 10 - 12 hrs a day; get up the next day and do it all over again?

Can you do that on your bike?

#21 ·
It's a shame the Harley image confines Harley so. I have been Jonesing for a Street Rod since before Harley offered one, running through ways in my mind to put a male slider fork, Brembo brakes, move the muffler out of the way of the swingarm pivot so I could mount footpegs to there and a longer travel suspension on an original V-Rod A. Oh, and I began saving money. The introduction of the Street Rod saved me a great deal of custom work. I take delivery in a couple of weeks. I love the V-Rod drive train but the riding position doesn't work for me. The Street Rod is dead nuts perfect.
What a shame the bike has been cancelled. I'm told by some Buell engineers I met at Laguna Seca at the Moto GP race that the dealers killed it dispite the strong desire of the factory to push alternatives to the traditional big twin and attract a different customer. I know dealers in So Cal that refused to even carry the Street Rod, how sad. Hey, Harley won me over and I've been riding BMW's for a quarter century, 400,000 miles worth behind the blue and white spinning propeller logo. Funny thing is the Street Rod feels more German than BMW's new K-1200's, and is much quieter and more refined than any of their traditional flat twins. Imagine, I stepped off a BMW for a Harley because of it's refinement and performance. Hell just froze over!
I see in the Street Rod frame and suspension the foundation of a superb sport touring horizon chaser that could give things like the big ST-1300, FJR-1300's and even BMW's K-1200GT absolute fits. Harley certainly has the engineering talent ( the Street Rod's platform manager was a young German guy named Peter who also roadraces ) and the right platform but will Harley's traditional customers permit the Motor Company to do it? With detatchable hard bags and a fairing not unlike the old FXRT a sport touring Rod would be very competitive. The radiator cowl almost begs for a nice sport touring fairing. Will the faithful look the other way and let Harley do it, or will they pan it as too "Japanese" as they did with the original FXR frame? Sigh.

#22 ·
MERLINHAWAII said:
Would it surprise you if I told to that, all other things equal, my bike is inherently faster than yours due to the aerodynamic advantage of the fairing?

Would it surprise you if I told you that my bike handles better than yours due to the tires and wheels, the more efficient riding position, AND the aerodynamic advantage of the fairing?

Would it surprise you if I told you that I can ride my bike comfortably at or near triple digit speeds for 10 - 12 hrs a day; get up the next day and do it all over again?

Can you do that on your bike?
merlin and daniii looks like we are one of a select few that like the vrod baggers we have.

just changed my bars for a more comfortable position and installed the HD progressive rear springs and also the aim clutch and 5 gal tank. this is now the best bagger i have ever owned and ridden. and i have had baggers for 40 years.

headed for sturgis tomorrow.

everyone ride safe

#23 ·
I just don't get why someone would come into a subforum trashing everyone in it. This is the Bagger Forum. If you don't like them stay out. I mean if you had a Backpack Forum I wouldn't come in there telling you how dorky you look.

#24 ·
DPierce02 said:
merlin and daniii looks like we are one of a select few that like the vrod baggers we have.

just changed my bars for a more comfortable position and installed the HD progressive rear springs and also the aim clutch and 5 gal tank. this is now the best bagger i have ever owned and ridden. and i have had baggers for 40 years.

headed for sturgis tomorrow.

everyone ride safe
I'm pretty pleased with my setup. I also went for the reduced reach bars, and improved rear shocks (mine were Works). The MoCo will have to do something pretty spectacular to get me to trade (not up, but over).

I'm heading out tomorrow after work. See you in South Dakota!

#25 ·
OKIE said:
I just don't get why someone would come into a subforum trashing everyone in it. This is the Bagger Forum. If you don't like them stay out. I mean if you had a Backpack Forum I wouldn't come in there telling you how dorky you look.

Maybe , Some peaple happen apon this thread because they ( I ) clicked on new post . Personally I dont go to each section each day . I just click new post and this was one of many that happen to be in the mix. I come to this site nearly everyday so it makes it alot easier and more fun for me . I enjoy V-Rods , I clicked on the link of pics of V-Rods . Not to my liking , But to each their own .

Take a deep breath and relax......

#26 ·
Smokedog said:
Maybe , Some peaple happen apon this thread because they ( I ) clicked on new post . Personally I dont go to each section each day . I just click new post and this was one of many that happen to be in the mix. I come to this site nearly everyday so it makes it alot easier and more fun for me . I enjoy V-Rods , I clicked on the link of pics of V-Rods . Not to my liking , But to each their own .

Take a deep breath and relax......

Says "V-rod Baggers" right beside the post. Kinda hard to miss.

edit
I can see were you might not realize your in a bagger forum. Still, your on a bagger thread.
Oh well, deep breath taken relaxation commenced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.