Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can get a solenoid for my 2003 V-Rod? HD stopped making them and none in stock. Nothing at J&P Cycle Sales. Saw some used ones on E-Bay, but not sure I want to buy a used one...Anyone know of a work around?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Anybody know where I can get a solenoid for my 2003 V-Rod? HD stopped making them and none in stock. Nothing at J&P Cycle Sales. Saw some used ones on E-Bay, but not sure I want to buy a used one...Anyone know of a work around?
I bought a spare for my 2012. Can't see why that won't adapt It has the mounting lugs on it but not used in the later models. Sits in a rubber pocket instead. Otherwise, there were threads on this a while back and a search on this site should bring something up. Keep in mind it's only a dumb solenoid and just about anything will work so it just boils down to making it fit the mounting holes and a bit of custom wiring. I did also find this. Same part number.
https://www.ebay.com/p/1130194038
Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solenoid for 2003 VRSCA V-Rod

Appreciate the reply and link to the ebay part. I dunno why I didn't see this when I searched. All I saw were used solenoids...And after a couple hours on the internet, visit to the HD Dealer, a call to J&P Cycle Parts and a 20 minutes discussion, that led me to the forum....I got an answer. Thank you! I ordered the part. I know, its a dumb little switch, must have been the humidity in FL that killed it. Thank again.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Appreciate the reply and link to the ebay part. I dunno why I didn't see this when I searched. All I saw were used solenoids...And after a couple hours on the internet, visit to the HD Dealer, a call to J&P Cycle Parts and a 20 minutes discussion, that led me to the forum....I got an answer. Thank you! I ordered the part. I know, its a dumb little switch, must have been the humidity in FL that killed it. Thank again.
No problem. I was surprised I was able to pull up a new one too.
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts