·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard it was 2012-2013...

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
We'll never know until the announcement.
:them: While I completely agree it is not over until announced and they run the fire sale. ut the REVO in a sportster. Who knows

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
I know, but I couldn't resist....lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
My guess is HD will make them as long as there are enough buyers at a price that makes the line profitable. HD's executives have shareholders that they are responsible to and need to keep the $$$ coming in.

Does anyone know if this line is profitable for HD? I am too lazy to Google and dig around on the internet to find the information.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
MOCO can't discontinue the VRSC line until they add another water cooled model to take its place.

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
I was told 2015. I asked a few months back if there was any plans for a CVO VR for 2011 and was told, "not anytime soon, we have a ways to go until 2015, but I have yet to hear about anymore VR CVO projects".

This was from a Marketing person at Juneau.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Isnt there a new law banning MOCO production bikes from being manufactured aircooled coming up in the USA pretty soon>? if so when is the date or is this just a rumor?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I was told 2015. I asked a few months back if there was any plans for a CVO VR for 2011 and was told, "not anytime soon, we have a ways to go until 2015, but I have yet to hear about anymore VR CVO projects".

This was from a Marketing person at Juneau.
There has not been a CVO VR for years, What rock were you under?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had heard 2012 will probably be the last year for the VRSC line... I guess we'll have to wait and see........

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
I had heard 2012 will probably be the last year for the VRSC line... I guess we'll have to wait and see........
The Mayans have predicted it.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
2012 is the last year for the VRSC line.
The only thing keeping it alive until then is the contract with NHRA.
So would it be safe to assume that the Buell's will be out of NHRA after this year? This would take S&S out as well!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
it all makes sense to me now.thats why the world will end in 2012.im not sure i will ever enter a hd dealership again if thats it for the rod.unless they have a better bike to replace the line.

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
There has not been a CVO VR for years, What rock were you under?
You make it sound like 2006 was a long long time ago

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Why discontinue the bike? Will it cost more to keep the tooling in production than to put it in the boneyard? Probably not. Look how long Kawasaki kept the Concourse in production basically unchanged. 1986 to 2006 when the Connie 14 finally replaced it. As long as the cost of production is far enough below the price of the bike to make production profitable, there is no reason to discontinue the bike. It can be a niche player for a very long time that way as long as enough customers can be found for it. It only gets less expensive each year it is made as the investment cost is amortized over more units.
The V-Rod might not be revised for a long time to come (sadly) but I don't expect HD to axe it soon.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts