Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding has decreased and looking at a small project with putting the Hot Toppers on. JP Cycles has the full kit for $213 or so. I figure it would help blacken out the bike and give me something to work on- pre holiday gift to myself. So what is everyone else doing?

Bob

·
boo
5,211 Posts
paint pen costs $5 and won't be a pain in the ass if you need to pull the covers off

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paint pen costs $5 and won't be a pain in the ass if you need to pull the covers off
Hey man- where you been lately? Haven't seen you in our neck of the woods. Yeah, I actually started that way with the paint and just ran across the Hot Toppers not too long ago.

Bob

·
boo
5,211 Posts
hot toppers are a pain in the ass. I pulled mine off to paint them and couldn't get em back on easily. and way overpriced.

I've been not riding for 2 months because of a laydown in sept, but just got an 08 dx that should be done soon - it's at Ft wash HD for a dyno tune now

check my thread in the dx section for pics of the new bike.

the 07 is fixed up and for sale too

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Ordering some mirors through Sharkey and my DX fairing should be back from paint soon.
Just picked up a dented air box to cut and beat on, we will see how that goes....

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordering some mirors through Sharkey and my DX fairing should be back from paint soon.
Just picked up a dented air box to cut and beat on, we will see how that goes....
I have the ghostrider black mirrors and looks like the color is fading... I might have to paint next year. Speaking of air box covers... There are some nice ones out there. I still have stock....... Let us know how it all turns out.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hot toppers are a pain in the ass. I pulled mine off to paint them and couldn't get em back on easily. and way overpriced.

I've been not riding for 2 months because of a laydown in sept, but just got an 08 dx that should be done soon - it's at Ft wash HD for a dyno tune now

check my thread in the dx section for pics of the new bike.

the 07 is fixed up and for sale too

Cool. I'll check out the thread.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
I have a DX airbox cover I'll be selling shortly too - some damage to paint by no dents

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just put on Some GR Customs Mirros, Grips, Malice levers, turn signal relocation kit, and B bars. I pulled the wires through the bars, which means I had to take apart the deutch connectors, right side went realy good but I broke one of the pins pulling the left side through, so now Im going to have to buy a new pin and a pin crimper to fix it. Its 28f outside right now and my garage isnt heated so Im gonna wait for it to warm up a lil bit before I tackle it. It looks bad ass though.

Before spring Im gonna do the "R" headlight, fork covers, need to install my killerglass radiator tube/led I already purchased, and I want to have the rearend set up for solo seat (but so I can swicth back and forth to 2 up). Gonna try to get a wicked airbox and go with a sportster riser and digital speedo. Whew! Should be fun but I know its all doable :D

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have the ghostrider black mirrors and looks like the color is fading... I might have to paint next year. Speaking of air box covers... There are some nice ones out there. I still have stock....... Let us know how it all turns out.
Hey Bob, mine started to look faded too, get some rubbing compound from an auto store and go at em. I put a coat of NXT 2.0 on afterwards and back to new.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
I have a DX airbox cover I'll be selling shortly too - some damage to paint by no dents
HMMM, wonder if I can sneak it past Paula, every time a box shows up
I get the "look". PM me if you decide to sell it but I'll be honest I like the dented up and cheap ones so I do't feel so bad when/if I F it up. Might be a good canidate for custom paint for your new ride.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
I like the stock paint! but I do now have the airbox and front fender, all I'd need is a rear to do a custom set....hmmmm....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Trying to sale my mucle wheels! And get some new one! But I want to do 21" front and something blk and machined!

·
& Buell S1
78 Posts
I have a set of BST wheels sitting in my garage. They have been there since April.

Waiting on bearings and new rotors, yep it's been a long wait. I'm hoping these wheels are gonna be worth it.

·
Can U See me now
1,672 Posts
Taking off my Renegade ebony wheels bought in 8/09, to send back to California to have replated a second time. 2 year warranty, and sending back the second time already. I guess I'm screwed after that. Dark chrome doesn't appear to hold up for long. Love the look, but hate the hassles.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Bob, mine started to look faded too, get some rubbing compound from an auto store and go at em. I put a coat of NXT 2.0 on afterwards and back to new.
Cool. I will. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just put on Some GR Customs Mirros, Grips, Malice levers, turn signal relocation kit, and B bars. I pulled the wires through the bars, which means I had to take apart the deutch connectors, right side went realy good but I broke one of the pins pulling the left side through, so now Im going to have to buy a new pin and a pin crimper to fix it. Its 28f outside right now and my garage isnt heated so Im gonna wait for it to warm up a lil bit before I tackle it. It looks bad ass though.

Before spring Im gonna do the "R" headlight, fork covers, need to install my killerglass radiator tube/led I already purchased, and I want to have the rearend set up for solo seat (but so I can swicth back and forth to 2 up). Gonna try to get a wicked airbox and go with a sportster riser and digital speedo. Whew! Should be fun but I know its all doable :D

Ouch! 28!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gonna take the rear wheel off soon to do some custom machine work on the pully. Hope cutting on it won't hurt the integrity. But looks like fitzgerald cuts on these for like 200. Been machining for 8 years and have a wire edm and cnc at my disposal. So should be a breeze.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts