Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to all of you who take he time to help the rest of us green v-rod owners! For the last 5 days I have been reading as many areas in the V-ROD forums and have found so many helpfull hints and ideas.
I am new to the problems of the V-Rod and the wows of the service Dept.
After reading the experiences you have all had I feel way more at ease with dealing with my broken V-rod.
I introduced myself in a thread (It died and won't restart). I am looking into lengthening the springs in the spark plug boot and getting a new battery!
Does anyone recomend a battery? Is the H-D the best or is there an aftermarket that is better? I am hoping that the battery is the problem. Reading other posts I see that I am not the only one with the same stalling problem. This seems to me that H-D may have a liability issue concerning stalling due to low voltage. Is there a way to keep this from killing someone?I was lucky enough to have my wife following behind me in the truck and was not run over by somone in a hurry!
Oh. one more ?. TSSM relocation? Does anyone know were to put it and how crutial is the orrientation?
:confused:
Thank you TIM

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
From what I have seen, the HD battery is the only one made to fit, so far. I would think a better charging system would help with the voltage drop/stalling problem. Also, the orientation of the TSSM is crucial. It measures the angle the bike is at, and will kill the fuel pump at a more than 45deg lean (falling over). SOme haev put it under the airbox cover. Sorry, that is all the input I have on this, but I am sure the more knowledgeable ones will chime in soon....
Greg

·
Registered
984 Posts
My battery is 2 1/2 years old and I have 17,000 miles on the bike. It has never stalled or failed to start. My bike has no security system could this be the problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greg687 said:
From what I have seen, the HD battery is the only one made to fit, so far. I would think a better charging system would help with the voltage drop/stalling problem. Also, the orientation of the TSSM is crucial. It measures the angle the bike is at, and will kill the fuel pump at a more than 45deg lean (falling over). SOme haev put it under the airbox cover. Sorry, that is all the input I have on this, but I am sure the more knowledgeable ones will chime in soon....
Greg
Thank you for you're reply! Every little bit helps. IT is just so frustrating after puting out so much $$$$$ to have so manny problems!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts