Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at ralley today, had a few airhead,,, that saw me pull in ,walk up to me after i got off the bike ," hey i thought those things are fast" ' They are not very Loud, so i bet not fast at all". I just thought that was a new one, never heard that one before........ I do have my pipes v -modded,oh wel just was interesting.

Was also talking to a guy that had a nice 72 panhead........he was telling me how hard it is for him to get parts etc.....I said yeah i know what ya mean, there is only one dealer that i know of that stock some v rod parts everything else is order and wait two weeks

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
Most of those guys know so little about our bike, to them it may as well be a rice-grinder....and what's even more funny is that a lot of times they just ride their bikes and have never put a wrench to one. When I first started trying to do mods I made the mistake of asking questions to "Real Harley" riders....I got NOOOO where.....that's how I ended up here...everyone including the mechanics at my dealer were of no help. It's only been lately that the guys at the dealer have started coming out and checking out my bike (new paint, pipes etc) that all of a sudden my questions have become important enough to do some research...as opposed to giving me BS answers that I know are just flat wrong....but hey...they are keeping more Vrod stuff now :spank:

·
Trailers R 4 Boats
1,271 Posts
Hell, it's easier for me to get parts for the 72 Panhead than my bike.

NorthILLVROD03 said:
Was at ralley today, had a few airhead,,, that saw me pull in ,walk up to me after i got off the bike ," hey i thought those things are fast" ' They are not very Loud, so i bet not fast at all". I just thought that was a new one, never heard that one before........ I do have my pipes v -modded,oh wel just was interesting.

Was also talking to a guy that had a nice 72 panhead........he was telling me how hard it is for him to get parts etc.....I said yeah i know what ya mean, there is only one dealer that i know of that stock some v rod parts everything else is order and wait two weeks

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,093 Posts
If louder = faster I've got a smokin' bike. I was testing the clutch install was running the bike with headers only.... My wife said the sound carried for nearly a mile when I got on it. :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
LOL, my bike must also be superfast. Installed the CFR pipe yesterday and was shocked at how loud that pipe is at the seat. Let my dad take it for a spin today and could hear him going through the gears a couple miles away lol. Did not seem near as loud when he left as it seems while you are sitting on it. I have the cone baffle to put in, just have not gotten around to it yet.

Glenn

·
Loud and Proud
628 Posts
Wel lI know mine idles as loud as an old pan head.

Some old fart riding pan head roled up to me at a light and ripped out of there making some noise. Then I met him at the next light and said there is some shit falling off your bike dude. I said it is pretty loud though. We then rolled away from the light, and I punched it smoking the back tire and bringing the front end off the ground a few inches hammering it to 80 mph in about 4 secs. He catches up after being a few football feilds back giving me a big thumbs up!

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
I was going to say no wonder the guy has trouble getting parts for a '72 pan because the '72's were shovel heads. Is this a test?

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tagrat said:
I was going to say no wonder the guy has trouble getting parts for a '72 pan because the '72's were shovel heads. Is this a test?
It might have been a shovel..... i thought i read pan on the display sign he had........maybe not i do remember it saying 72 cause same year i was born

1 - 9 of 9 Posts