Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my engine light keeps coming on, and thanks to all the awesome insight withi these threads I was able to identify and fix (I thought) the problem. I am getting a code P0113, at first it would clear, but now it is staying lit and after clearing just pops back again.

I went to the stealership and they ordered a new IAT sensor for me, I was surprised it was only ~$22, but they said it will take 3 weeks to arrive... damn! They order once a week, god bless them for not spending any profit on more frequent orders I know that makes every H-D stock owner happier, but that sucks!

So am I stuck without riding? Or, can I ride anyway and just put up with the light? What does this sensor do?

Awesome weather and my sensor craps out.....:bash:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only reset it 4 times, maybe 15 is the trick...lol

Now I have something to do for the next 3 weeks

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,089 Posts
3 weeks? Why not get on the phone and start calling dealers out of state? I bet someone has an IAT in stock.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, so I will start calling H-D dealers and re-setting the code, but I still have the question, is it okay to drive while this is going on?

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
What year is your bike???? If it's an '02 then the IAT is in the throttle body (possibly in '03 too). If not then it's in the top of the airbox cover. Check the connection. Mine was doing the samething a few weeks ago and even though it looked plugged in it wasn't. So I recommend unplugging it and plugging it back in. It should have a metal clip that holds the plug in. Make sure that is there too. As for riding I believe it'll just cause the bike to run rich so it should be OK.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bproulxvrod said:
What year is your bike???? If it's an '02 then the IAT is in the throttle body (possibly in '03 too). If not then it's in the top of the airbox cover. Check the connection. Mine was doing the samething a few weeks ago and even though it looked plugged in it wasn't. So I recommend unplugging it and plugging it back in. It should have a metal clip that holds the plug in. Make sure that is there too. As for riding I believe it'll just cause the bike to run rich so it should be OK.
BP - unplugged it and noticed that there was alittle corrosion on one of the plugs, cleaned that up and connected it back up. Reset the code, and for now it is staying off after a short ride... Thanks guys for the ideas!

And Lil Chubby, yes I will take a beer! :cheers:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Dealer search

When my local DEALER (Chi-Town Harley Tinley Park IL) does not have a part I am looking for they always do a dealer search for me and give me a printout of who shows it to be in stock, I then pick the dealer I want them to call and confirm they have it. If it is within driving distance I will go get it if not and I want it bad I will have them overnite it to the dealer. There are no parts discounts when I do this but I am riding the next day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts