Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Hang up and Drive!
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last weekend the dealership was had a chilli and BBQ competition. It was awesome food. I went down there just to eat some good food and came home a little overweight that I planned on.

They had a 08 VRSCDX on the lot that came in the night before so I had to buy it.

Man this bike is sweet.

Oh, and on the bike details they said it was a VRSCDXV. What does the "V" on the end mean? Nobody at the dealership could tell me. They don't ever have Night Rods there?

Anybody know?

Thanks,

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Wow!!! Awesome story!!!!

Welcome to the forum...(and I have no idea about the"V" thing) :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
from what I understand the models with ABS are called VRSCDXA

and boy that's one hell of an impulse buy...

congrats!!!

·
BISHOP11c
244 Posts
Welcome to the forum, let the modding begin. You got lucky finding that bike, so many guys have to wait months for theirs.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
That is kind of like when I bought my A. I went in for a new pair of gloves and came away with a V-Rod. They threw in the gloves. :laugh:

The owners manual usually explains the letters of the name. Have you checked in there?

Welcome to the best place on the web!
Lots of great people and more truly knowledgable and helpful folks than anywhere else.
:welcome: :vrodforu: :welcome:

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Terrible T said:
They had a 08 VRSCDX on the lot that came in the night before so I had to buy it.

Congrats man I know the feeling. I stopped in the Harley shop for a t-shirt for a buddies birthday and left with a '08 DX. Man that was an expensive t-shirt!!:D

·
Hang up and Drive!
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Diamond Lil said:
That is kind of like when I bought my A. I went in for a new pair of gloves and came away with a V-Rod. They threw in the gloves. :laugh:

The owners manual usually explains the letters of the name. Have you checked in there?

Welcome to the best place on the web!
Lots of great people and more truly knowledgable and helpful folks than anywhere else.
:welcome: :vrodforu: :welcome:
I looked in the manual and it didn't say anything about a V. I had another buddy of mine just now take a look and I think the dealer meant to put an A on the bill of sale, and other misc paperwork.

BTW the Manufacture date is 08/07. My baby just turned one month old and she's already potty trained.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
The V is for Vagina... You got the girls model... What you wanted to get was the VRSCDXP!!! :stilpoke:

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,170 Posts
When I went to buy my bike I told the guy it was an SE2. He said I was wrong. I didn't argue but after he left the room I showed my wife that I was correct. Another dealership that has no idea what a V-Rod is.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
If it has ABS it should be VRSCDXA otherwise simply VRSCDX.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
chile rock

Terrible T said:
This last weekend the dealership was had a chilli and BBQ competition. It was awesome food. I went down there just to eat some good food and came home a little overweight that I planned on.

Man this bike is sweet.

Oh, and on the bike details they said it was a VRSCDXV. What does the "V" on the end mean? Nobody at the dealership could tell me. They don't ever have Night Rods there?

Anybody know?

Thanks,
huh..huh...huh...huh..huh....did you say free chile...

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
mikep said:
The V is for Vagina... You got the girls model... What you wanted to get was the VRSCDXP!!! :stilpoke:

darn mike you must be bilingual as well :)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Congrats you lucky bastard!!!

·
Hang up and Drive!
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Now I just gotta start the moddin. First order, Exhaust.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the DX Family and forum...Congrats on the new DX ...who gives a damn about the v at the end its the v at the begining thats important.. take care and ride safe..

·
Slave to my DX
75 Posts
:them:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts