Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've read all the threads about how people gawk, stare, ask dumb questions and general DIG the dx. all your stories have made me laugh over the last couple of weeks. S-o-o I should have been prepared for the treatment I got this afternoon....
in the space of an afternoon, I had a group of 6 people come out of their office to stand around the dx for about 5 minutes lookin' her up and down, then another couple of guys come up and start filming her with their cellphones from every angle (all this time she's parked outside and i'm inside the coffee shop just laughing..) .
then I go off to the beach and an Iranian couple come running up as soon as I park, lift up their 6 year old son onto the bike and start video taping him (poor little guy, he just looked scared!) !!! not quite sure what "dang cool bike " in iranian is, but I'm sure that's what they were saying....maybe the son will end up a vrod owner in 20 years...
anyheuw... feel like a rockstar everytime I go to buy a pint of milk...
out here in dubai , the dx is a hero....!!!!

(oh and by the way, I just can't seem to ride enough miles in a day ...always want to go back out ....hmmn, maybe it's not to late to go for a spin.......

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
alabama said:
lift up their 6 year old son onto the bike and start video taping him
I hope they asked you first!

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
alabama said:
...then I go off to the beach and an Iranian couple come running up as soon as I park, lift up their 6 year old son onto the bike and start video taping him (poor little guy, he just looked scared!)...
...In Detroit, that calls for a major ass-kicking.... for the stupid father....

HoldHard

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Get used to it, I still get similar treatment with my bike after 5 years the bike still draws a crowd no matter where I take it.

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
Kieron said:
I hope they asked you first!
:them: or it's clobber time :box2 :guns I won't even let my brother ride mine.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
:them:

Same over here.

Ya feel like asking them for their keys so you can go and sit in their car.
Or why not just sit on the roof.
Mmmmmm, and while your at it why not let your kid put ice cream fingers all over the place.

And, don't forget about 75% of the bike is [email protected]@dy HOT to touch!

PS. I do love children, promise. :)

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
:eek:fftopic: Have you hit golf balls off the top of that hotel (??? I think hotel)...in Dubai, yet?!?!?

I really really really want to visit that place someday.....

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
Your a RockStar now, get used to it. People are just wowed by the bike. The 6 yr old would not havepleased me though. Daddy would have got boot in azz.

·
Banned
654 Posts
great story.

i have come out of stores when i have my sidecar rig and find adults sitting in it asking for a ride. after short trip on 2 wheels with the side car in the air without warning they are usually glad to get out. i just say next time be careful whos motorcycle you sit in or be prepared to possibly get your butt kicked.

most people ask before sitting but some are just stupid.

even had a 1% in Sturgis last year want a picture of him and his girlfriend on my vrod bagger. he was polite and asked but said some of his brothers wouldnt be as polite. said he had one on order and liked mine.

·
Registered
512 Posts
then I go off to the beach and an Iranian couple come running up as soon as I park, lift up their 6 year old son onto the bike and start video taping him (poor little guy, he just looked scared!) !!! QUOTE]

Some people have no idea!!!!:chair:

Nice thought but hey keep your kid and your fingers off the bike.... What happened to look but dont touch???

·
Biker 4 Life
270 Posts
Welcome to our world. We are the coolest people on the planet you know.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
after collecting mine and waiting at the ferry terminal to take it home i had a guy asking if he could sit on it, large plastic honda rider. i then stood away listening to the comments of the growing crowd, wondering how the scruffy bloke with the beard and pony tail (not a single tassle) could afford that. drug dealer, bank robber ect. would like to think somebody would ask to sit on it

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
DPierce02 said:
even had a 1% in Sturgis last year want a picture of him and his girlfriend on my vrod bagger. he was polite and asked but said some of his brothers wouldnt be as polite. said he had one on order and liked mine.
Not sure what I'd do in that situation.

But then again, I haven't met many 1%ers who weren't polite as long as you treated them with respect.

I also get many questions, complimets, etc. on my bike. It can get irritating though. Especially at gas stations when I'm in a hurry...

·
Phil Z.
1,117 Posts
its the ones who keep pace with you while goimg down the hiway that make me nervous, cuz you know they aint watching the road while they're checking your bike out at 70 mph. but still makes my day.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
Max said:
Get used to it, I still get similar treatment with my bike after 5 years the bike still draws a crowd no matter where I take it.

i like them apples.... :notworth: the turbo don't hurt either.... :goof:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts