Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dean
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I decided to do V-mod my exhaust myself the hardest part about the entire process was telling my wife that I know what I am doing:angeldev:

This morning I went to Home Depot to get a couple of hole saws, arbor bit and a dowel....(thanks to AOW who gave me the hole saw sizes in a different thread):notworth:

Came home and removed the cans from the bike. When I took my corded drill out I realized that the arbor bit was to large for my drill. But it would fit my cordless drill. However the cordless drill didn't cut the mustard. So......back to Home Depot I went to get a new corded drill:banghead:

Once I got home.......hooked up the drill......and it was like a hot knife thru butter. Until the hole saw bottomed out on the tip (exhaust end) of the baffle. Not a problem.......I took out the dremel to finish the cut. I then proceeded to cut the 3rd volume end.......then repeated the process on the other can.

LESSON LEARNED: do not get a shallow hole saw.

All in all it was a very simple process. Even with buying a new drill....it was still cheaper then sending them out to be done!

·
Dean
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and when you modify the stock exhaust do you have to make any modifications to the Fuel system?
Yes, I picked up a PCIII from EBay about two weeks ago. Where in Upstate New York are you?

·
Dean
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

What sizes of hole saws did you purchase?

Thx,
David
On the exhaust end I used 2 1/8inch. On the 3rd volume end I used 1 3/4.

·
Dean
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts