Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my VRSCD about 2-3 weeks ago, I've been riding up and down the coast (PCH) and havnt seen a single V-Rod out there. I live in the Agoura Hills/T.O. Area (East of Malibu) and wondering if there any other Fellow V-Rod owners that would be interested in a Meet and Ride. I usually start out in Agoura, head through Malibu canyon to the coast, and back. I know almost every canyon between Oxnard and Santa Monica. There are alot of good stops, Malibu Inn, Rock Store, Neptune's Net, etc. I ride with my Girlfriend alot, so Passengers are encouraged, and it would be nice for her to meet some fellow Rider's Gals. Any suggestions for some spots to meet, or other rides would be appreciated! :thumb:

As of right now Im headed up to Santa Barbara on Sun with a bunch of Harley Riders (Dad and his buddies) but no one has a V-Rod.

I was thinking either this Sat, or next weekend Sept 1st or 2nd to meet up at Chuy's off Kanan, go from there... any other ideas will be welcomed.

·
Wet Blanket
3,044 Posts
Boosted1456 said:
I just got my VRSCD about 2-3 weeks ago, I've been riding up and down the coast (PCH) and havnt seen a single V-Rod out there. I live in the Agoura Hills/T.O. Area (East of Malibu) and wondering if there any other Fellow V-Rod owners that would be interested in a Meet and Ride. I usually start out in Agoura, head through Malibu canyon to the coast, and back. I know almost every canyon between Oxnard and Santa Monica. There are alot of good stops, Malibu Inn, Rock Store, Neptune's Net, etc. I ride with my Girlfriend alot, so Passengers are encouraged, and it would be nice for her to meet some fellow Rider's Gals. Any suggestions for some spots to meet, or other rides would be appreciated! :thumb:

As of right now Im headed up to Santa Barbara on Sun with a bunch of Harley Riders (Dad and his buddies) but no one has a V-Rod.

I was thinking either this Sat, or next weekend Sept 1st or 2nd to meet up at Chuy's off Kanan, go from there... any other ideas will be welcomed.
I'm a no-go this weekend (bike is in the shop) and next weekend (working the NASCAR races) Possible the following weeks though. I don't know if I can hang with you in the canyons though, I get freaked out in the turns. It will be nice to ride with someone else who is 2-up, I'm usually the only one. I'll keep checking the boards to see if you post a ride. We do need one last summer fling for the So Cal riders before it gets to cold (you there David?:stilpoke: )

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
RidePhat said:
I'm a no-go this weekend (bike is in the shop) and next weekend (working the NASCAR races) Possible the following weeks though. I don't know if I can hang with you in the canyons though, I get freaked out in the turns. It will be nice to ride with someone else who is 2-up, I'm usually the only one. I'll keep checking the boards to see if you post a ride. We do need one last summer fling for the So Cal riders before it gets to cold (you there David?:stilpoke: )
:rofl: hey lance, where did all those scrapes on your footpegs come from then?

·
Wet Blanket
3,044 Posts
salieri said:
:rofl: hey lance, where did all those scrapes on your footpegs come from then?
Ummmmm, uhhhhh, I'm really fat? And Christina isn't the smallest either?

Now I know I'll see you on level 7!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
RidePhat said:
Ummmmm, uhhhhh, I'm really fat? And Christina isn't the smallest either?

Now I know I'll see you on level 7!
you don't earn level 7, you're born with it. :angeldev: and i'm gonna tell christina you said that. :hidesbeh:

seriously, i wouldn't mind doing a ride out that way sometime. i'm in my busy season so i'm down to last minute commitments only but it sounds good. i need to get my rubber changed out and my shifter lever fixed first though..need to get on that now that i'm feeling better.

let us know man.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds Good Guys, Maybe next weekend??? Figured this weekend was a bit too soon...

You dont need to really worry about the canyons...I dont get to crazy when im 2 up. I've just recently sold my GSXR so my Canyon carving days are over, for now, that is until I save up to build a Supermoto Bike.

There are definite variances in the canyons around here... Long Swooping Turns with 2 lanes at times, to Super tight 540 degree 1st gear turns. I've done em all in the Car and the various Bikes I've owned. There some really cool spots, and ocean/valley views to check out, If anyone wants a tour let me know.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LENELSA said:
No can do... Sailing to Catalina on Friday for the weekend..
You going to Avalon, Isthmus, or Two Harbors?? We have a mooring in Isthmus, and Ill be headed over there for Labor Day...Ouch, Sailing :tmbsdow: Did that with my Grandparents when I was younger, took 6-7 HOURS!! So Boring... I prefer the Powerboat.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
RidePhat said:
I'll keep checking the boards to see if you post a ride. We do need one last summer fling for the So Cal riders before it gets to cold (you there David?:stilpoke: )
I'll watch the posts also for one good ride with the SoCal Vrodders before summers over...:moped:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
My bike is in the shop also, no idea when it will be done, Hopefully next weekend I can do it, I did it both days this past weekend knowing that I would be without a bike for a while (I go late in the day, none of that Meet at 9am crap) I know Pascal will be back next weekend so He will usually go. I know I will be going if the bike is back. Wish we could get a ride this weekend seeing that the pain in the ass Kelly aka "Smokie The Clown" is out of town.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Boosted1456 said:
Sounds Good Guys, Maybe next weekend??? Figured this weekend was a bit too soon...

You dont need to really worry about the canyons...I dont get to crazy when im 2 up. I've just recently sold my GSXR so my Canyon carving days are over, for now, that is until I save up to build a Supermoto Bike.

There are definite variances in the canyons around here... Long Swooping Turns with 2 lanes at times, to Super tight 540 degree 1st gear turns. I've done em all in the Car and the various Bikes I've owned. There some really cool spots, and ocean/valley views to check out, If anyone wants a tour let me know.
we were just kidding..lance likes his corners hot as do i, and david and many others. not R1 hot but we like to push it so we'll have some fun. looking forward to it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds awesome... I def agree, Im more of a late day person, no early morning meets. I would say the earliest being 12. Let me know what you guys wanna do (i.e. Canyon Runs back to back, ride down to the coast, etc.) Anyone else plannin on ridin 2 up?? Which Day works better Sat or Sun?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Boosted1456 said:
Sounds awesome... I def agree, Im more of a late day person, no early morning meets. I would say the earliest being 12. Let me know what you guys wanna do (i.e. Canyon Runs back to back, ride down to the coast, etc.) Anyone else plannin on ridin 2 up?? Which Day works better Sat or Sun?
The Gurl Works on Sundays so Saturday would be more likely to have her (But than again its 10 days from now it might be a different gurl by than) but I will ride both days. If you havent experienced the Stunt Road trip its worth it

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
luxlamf said:
The Gurl Works on Sundays so Saturday would be more likely to have her (But than again its 10 days from now it might be a different gurl by than) but I will ride both days. If you havent experienced the Stunt Road trip its worth it
I've done em all, Stunt is pretty cool, especially if your gonna take it through Piuma. If you havnt experienced Decker... That thing is pretty gnarly, but alot of fun, brake smoking fun.:angeldev:
Saturday sounds good to me, it doesnt seem like anyone is that close to me, so maybe plan on meeting somewhere on PCH and going up into the canyons. Just let me know what kinda riding eveyone wants to do, and I can pick a canyon accordingly :ride:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Boosted1456 said:
I've done em all, Stunt is pretty cool, especially if your gonna take it through Piuma. If you havnt experienced Decker... That thing is pretty gnarly, but alot of fun, brake smoking fun.:angeldev:
Saturday sounds good to me, it doesnt seem like anyone is that close to me, so maybe plan on meeting somewhere on PCH and going up into the canyons. Just let me know what kinda riding eveyone wants to do, and I can pick a canyon accordingly :ride:
We usually meet off the 101 at Topanga at the Starbucks than ride over to the Rock Store than PCH down to Santa Monica. But since I have no bike right now this is all moot.

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
I can do next weekend. I'm in Vegas right now and will probably not be back until sometime Sunday. Heading to out of Vegas to another town tomorrow, but not back home yet...

We do need an BIG end of summer ride.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Kelley said:
I can do next weekend. I'm in Vegas right now and will probably not be back until sometime Sunday. Heading to out of Vegas to another town tomorrow, but not back home yet...

We do need an BIG end of summer ride.
Yeah I was hoping to get that going while you where away, would make for a better ride. Hey if we get like 20 people to donate $20-$30 will you leave town again the day of the ride? It would be like an early Xmas present to all of us.
(Plus we dont want to have to sit thru your 500 mico managing posts about the ride and than you dont show up without telling anyone so we sit around like idiots for an hour waiting)

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
luxlamf said:
Yeah I was hoping to get that going while you where away, would make for a better ride. Hey if we get like 20 people to donate $20-$30 will you leave town again the day of the ride? It would be like an early Xmas present to all of us.
(Plus we dont want to have to sit thru your 500 mico managing posts about the ride and than you dont show up without telling anyone so we sit around like idiots for an hour waiting)
You are SUCH a nice guy.....

1 - 20 of 111 Posts