Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turned the 06 Nightrod on the other night to go for a ride and as it sat there and idled white smoke started pouring out the front of the bike. Got around to pulling things apart today and found the smoke was coming from the back of the voltage regulator. There is a tear in the back of it and melted material coming from it.

Does this sound common to anybody? Is stock replacement the way to go or are there aftermarket ones that are better?

Some issues prior to this I noticed was cluster gauge lights would quit working sometimes, but nothing other than that.

Local dealer wants $218 for a replacement.

Glenn

·
Registered
9 Posts
have you gotten this straightend out yet?? I also have an 06 VRSCD and currently have what I think is a regolator problem. Mine didn't fantasticly burst into flames like you described, but. My dash lights did fliker like yours.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up replacing the regulator and have not had any problems since. Local stealer even had one in stock so I was up and running in a couple of hours. My gauge lights didn't flicker lol, they would go off for several minutes then come back on, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts