Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to put smoked indicator lenses on my dx.but the front lenses are different from the rear.are all v rods the same? the only ones i have seen in the dealers have 4 lenses all the same.do they do any to fit thr rear of my bike??

·
Registered
473 Posts
mine are the same size, but you have to use either red or amber bulbs, just happens that I have a few of each or I have a few mercury coated ones as well, make me an offer for what you want. I am using LED s in my signals from Joe at Heavy cycles , they are much brighter then bulbs.

Jim

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
My D has different ones front and rear, something about the tabs or something like that. You have to look for the V-Rod specific ones. There was a kit up to this year that would only fit the chrome turn signals, but they did make a new one for the black one this year.

I've got that aux brake lite kit, so I had to go to the local auto parts place and get red bulbs for the back. But then I saw that CD has some cooly mirrored ones so they blend in a bit more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
they are all the same diameter, but they have a different fit on front vs. rear. The front has flanges and the rear slots. They are not interchangeable front to rear.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
all harley bullet signals use the same lenses, front and rear... the only oddball is the vrsc plastic rear signals... they are a different animal.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
jimlowe said:
looking to put smoked indicator lenses on my dx.but the front lenses are different from the rear.are all v rods the same? the only ones i have seen in the dealers have 4 lenses all the same.do they do any to fit thr rear of my bike??
I believe it was '05 when they started making the oddball lenses for the rear. unfortunately you will have to buy one of each kit, and you will use only half of each kit, maybe you can sell the left overs to someone else. But yes, they make smoke lenses for front and back. The difference is the mounting tabs.

Check here

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
There is a complete smoked kit for sale now...I just bought it. You do not need to piece a kit together.

Wait, I thought the DX came with smoked lamps?

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the responses.i did realise it was the tabs that were different.does anyone know the part no. for the rear lenses? the front lenses fit any bullet indicator but not the rear.no nightmare the dx does not come with smoked lenses.off topic i seem to recollect you mentioned you had fitted "thunder monster" baffles to you pipe,what part of the pipe did you fit it to? as i was thinking of fitting some to some new pipes i'm getting .the end caps are 2 1/2 ins intake end 3" outlet end.not sure what size thunder monsters go to.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Jim, they are p/n 2004 - 1 3/4" for 1 7/8 OD pipe. They fit right in the ends of the header pipes before the slip-on muffler. It's a super easy mod...took me about 30 minutes. I wish I could help you with that lens kit p/n, but I can't right now...sorry!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NightMare said:
Jim, they are p/n 2004 - 1 3/4" for 1 7/8 OD pipe. They fit right in the ends of the header pipes before the slip-on muffler. It's a super easy mod...took me about 30 minutes. I wish I could help you with that lens kit p/n, but I can't right now...sorry!
thanks for the info
jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts