Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard of people going to a smaller tooth pully on the transmission. I understand the reason for this, (helps the engine "wind out" faster) I am not sure what is already on the 09 "F" . is there any "major" down sides to a smaller tooth? traction issues. How much higher will it Rev in 5th gear cruising (50-70mph) I already plan on going to stage 2 cams and maybe a 58mm throttle body.. AND will the "spline" inside the trans need to be changed as well? Thanks for all the help :notworth:

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
you have a 28t stock, people + me have gone to a 26t, it is fun, gives you more low/mid range grunt. the down side is it shaves off apprx. 15-20mph off the top end. i've noticed the speedo off by apprx. 7 mph, if the speedo reads say 90mph my gps/nav. reads 83mph. hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
26 tooth will make it zippy. on the top end, adds 500rpm at 70 mph. lowers top end, but will easily break 100mph. fitzgerald. Joe

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
It will all depend where you spend more time of your riding, mostly highway/cruising (pref 28T) or occasional drag racing, light to light speeding (pref 26 T) etc?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help everyone :notworth: 500 RPM's is not a huge change and I don't always push for top speed. rolling (10-15mph) and nail it , It dosn't start pulling hard till about 4-5k . Did your engines need "re tuned" since your basically changing the power band? I would be more then happy to give a 26t a try at least :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts