Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I too have a small leak on the bottom of the casing down by the shift lever on my bike, the guys in the shop recogized it as a frequent problem for the v-rod. He said that there are some burrs that were left on the chrome covers, and that they finish them off with sand paper, and that Harley had released a new gasket for the problem.
They finally got the flange in, but after I already took my bike in, told me that Harley had shipped them a broken part (you might have thought they would have checked first, but no biggie).
Also I noticed some slung grease on the sprocket I wanted them to look into, and as I suspected, the wheel bearing is out of it. Glad I didn't ride it much after I noticed!
I only have 3200 miles on the bike, and I was wondering if the wheel bearings was a common and reoccuring problem for others. Thanks.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I had all 5 bearings replaced at my 10,000 mile check-up. Two front,Two rear, and the rear pulley bearing . I had a front steering nut out of torque specs too ! Get 'em to replace any-all that you can . H-D is used to it being a warranty issue . Good Luck!
BobT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts