Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Here for the ride
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the small billet pegs on the front (Harley part #50978-99) and the billet shifter peg, narrow band (Harley part #49254-99). I think these give the vrod that custom forward control look.

...but I have a problem.

The small billet foot pegs do not fold up completely when installed on the rear pegs. The billet pegs are not notched out like the factory pegs which prevents them from folding all the way in. They look like a kids with big ears!!!

I called the Harley shop and they said that there is no other small billet rear peg option and that they'd gladly replace them for another type of peg that does fit the vrod. (I deal with Thunder Harley in Sharon, PA and they are really good people).

Before I take these back, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make these work? Should I just exchange them for something else?

Your profound wisdom is much appreciated.

Leo

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
There are no aftermarket pegs that will fold all the way up unless you modify the mount or the peg. Look at the stock pegs and you'll see why, the peg has a recess that is compensated for by a nob on the inside of the mount.

I took the rear mounts off, took out the air grinder and ground off the nub, now any HD or aftermarket peg will go all the way up.

·
Here for the ride
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea.

After grinding, did you repaint the mounts? How did you deal with the exposed metal?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
They are aluminum so I didn't worry about getting precise, I just touched them up with some clear coat I had on the shelf. I may take them off, clean them up and re-powder coat them if I get a wild hair up my butt ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts