Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got on the bike this morning for a ride and about half way through my left hand grip started slipping. Now I can spin it all the way around. Any tricks out there to fix this? I have after market grips from HD, so they are not the rubber ones. Need to get it done today, because I'm riding all weekend.

Thanks

·
On the Space Coast
60 Posts
Left side is glued on. You will have to pull it off and put some some glue in there. Good time to upgrade your grips!

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
Got on the bike this morning for a ride and about half way through my left hand grip started slipping. Now I can spin it all the way around. Any tricks out there to fix this? I have after market grips from HD, so they are not the rubber ones. Need to get it done today, because I'm riding all weekend.

Thanks
loosen up the switch housing and remove the grip... clean the end of the handlebar and then take some black electrical tape and make one wrap around the end of the bar the grip will be going on... Now try the grip... if still too loose you can wrap another layer of tape.... this will "lock" the grip on and it will not spin anymore....

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
i think you need to put a piece of carboard 1/8 at least between the clutch lever and housing so you don't loose the clutch pressure. prior to remove the switch housing, guys correct me if i am wrong.
happend to me.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
loosen up the switch housing and remove the grip... clean the end of the handlebar and then take some black electrical tape and make one wrap around the end of the bar the grip will be going on... Now try the grip... if still too loose you can wrap another layer of tape.... this will "lock" the grip on and it will not spin anymore....
THAT'S straight OLD SCHOOL right there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts