Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 VRSCR that I drag race only, 11.50 class. My clutches finally went away so I am debating on putting a slipper clutch in it. My question is will my 1.65 60's, stay the same, decrease or increase. I am pretty consistant, and the clutch pack will be all that I will be changing.

Thanks

Premium Member
If both can handle produced power and not slipping why do you think that there could be difference between them? Different launch feel perhaps? Your 60's are real good 馃憤

Premium Member
Slipper is good for downshifts only, for street bike downshifting without locking up the back wheel. I know clutch pull is a bit less but I don't think it has a lockup action or anything that would help a Drag bike. If you buy anything get a billet basket and maybe a new clutch pack with red barnett springs - I heard the extra plate clutches can warp and drag the bike thru the light ( see TaxmanHog posts in drag racing section ) (y) :cool:

Registered
I have an '06 VRSCR that I drag race only, 11.50 class. My clutches finally went away so I am debating on putting a slipper clutch in it. My question is will my 1.65 60's, stay the same, decrease or increase. I am pretty consistant, and the clutch pack will be all that I will be changing.

Thanks
I don't have an answer for your question but I have a question for you. How are you deciding which clutch's to instal and what difference will that make on your speeds? Are you doing the job yourself or having someone do it? Are you buying the parts, if so, where are you getting them. I am thinking about changing mine to get more low end speed and torque. Do you think this would help?

Premium Member
More low end " speed & torque " ? No a clutch won't help there it just connects the engine with the road. ( Unless your clutch is slipping ) If not slipping, you need a S/C, Turbo or Stroker to get more low end speed & torque. ( Unless you learn to slip the clutch and rev it to 8999 Rpm in which case it your V Rod will haul A$$ with no mods - ) (y):cool:

Premium Member
In my almost stock B-model is slippery installed and in other turbocharged R-model I've tested almost all from stock to lock up and everything between. My feel is that slippery engages very late and some kind of lever movement restrictor could be good for the strip launches. Barnett with one or two extra plates tends to engage very early. Perhaps when new easier to perform good starts before they are toasted and start dragging. Then they are completely hopeless and 60's will suffer badly. However these problem starts after engine produces +250hp. Slippery is good up to 200hp. Otherwise slippery is very nice and elegant clutch. Lever force is light. And as streetrodracer stated slippery action is only for downward shifting. Nothing to do with the acceleration.

When they do not slip in acceleration and can hold engines torque I think it is more like getting use to that clutch. When 60 times are like 1.65 there cannot be much rider made clutch slipping in the start. Perhaps next gears are engaged with clutchless quick shifter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts