Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my bike was out of service getting the wheels and other parts powder coated I finally got around to installing the Harley Davidson slipper clutch.
It was a very easy install and took less time than I thought it would. The clutch kit itself comes presoaked in oil and is already assembled. The only thing that I had to do was drop it in the basket. It dropped right in with not an issue. You do have to buy a new nut though. I was able to borrow the tool that hold the clutch basket and pack steady when you removed the nut and put it back on.

I took the bike out on a ride and the first thing I noticed was the easy pull of the clutch lever. It feels about half of what the stock clutch was.
As far as the hookup it was night and day compared to the stock clutch. It will chirp second gear and really gets the power to the ground.
As I was riding I really barely noticed the slipper part unless I really tried to get it to slip. I was unable to get the bike to wag the tail in a corner. So it was doing its job.

Now the Metzler tires were a different story. I have about 150 miles on them and they feel ok. I don't think they are as confidence inspiring as the Dunlop’s were. The Dunlop’s would break away but would give warning. The Meztlers would give no warning at all. They would just step out suddenly. I will give them more time for me to get used to but so far I am not impressed.

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
Good to know that this clutch was a step in the right direction!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts