Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new 2011 night rod special arriving soon. What slip on mufflers do you recommend? looking at tab, like the looks. do you suggest with or without baffles? dont want ear piercing loud, just a nice sound. what other brands do you think sound better than the tabs?

·
riding Ocean
173 Posts
TAB with baffles.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dont know the Tabs but im happy with my Supertrapp fatshots... you can adjust the sound and performance by adding or removing baffle plates..

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Got D&D slip on's on my 2002, really nice sound without being to loud till you punch it then it wails like a Banshee :D I have a sound clip of them in the exhaust section you can listen to

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I have seen a few DX's with Vmodded OEM pipes, sounded great.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
If you're keeping the third volume (just swapping muffler cans) then I recommend stock with the inner baffles cut out. (V-Modded)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had the TAB Turnout exhaust for my '03 VRSCA which didn't have baffles (they don't make them with baffles in the chrome turnout style). I loved the sound (it was ear ringing loud), but I missed the looks of the stock exhaust so I bought a V-Mod exhaust. Since you have the night rod I'm sure you'd get the black version which do have a baffled and non-baffled version so I'd recommend the baffled version if you don't want ear ringing loud. Good luck!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just put a set of Supertrapp Fatshots on. They replace just the stock muffler cans.

Smaller and a LOT lighter.

Great looking.

Comes with a dozen discs. Supertrapp says that using 8 discs is the equivalent of the stock exhaust and does not require a tune or program, so that's what I did.

Not loud, (with 8 discs) but at least it doesn't sound like a sewing machine now. Not much of a rumble, but more of a putt. At highway speed I usually don't hear them at all, the wind noise is louder than the pipes (with earplugs).

Some exhaust is now directed straight up into my saddle bag, though. A fellow motorsickle nut at work says that Supertrapp used to sell a hood just for that purpose, but I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe I'll just replace the right hand saddlebag with a slow cooker pot. hahaha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts