Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told the sliders for the fronk forks for my 2012 Nightrod special is ok. its the tubes that appear to be bent.
I see they are readily avaliable online but dont know the exact size for this bike. any help ?

thanks

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been told the sliders for the fronk forks for my 2012 Nightrod special is ok. its the tubes that appear to be bent.
I see they are readily avaliable online but dont know the exact size for this bike. any help ?

thanks
Just looking at the front forks of the 2010 xr1200 . they look exactly like those on the 2012 nightrod special to me . are they the same ?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked with HD .they are actually the same. Who would have ever thought

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Just looking at the front forks of the 2010 xr1200 . they look exactly like those on the 2012 nightrod special to me . are they the same ?
No, they look the same but differnent lengths. Same with the VRSCR being different lengths.
Ron

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
What's the length and size of vrscdx tube ?
DX and Muscle. Right slider is 589mm and left is 599mm. Give or take a millimeter. While I didn't get exact, more curiosity a quick check of the VRSCR sliders, both seemed to be the same length left and right , about 25mm shorter. The xr 1200 might also be different lengths to some extent but I've never has one apart to check.
With the DX and Muscle sliders that 10mm difference , they are equal length with the internal nut installed in the right fork tube. Two bumps stops are used, one for left and one or right and they hit the same time. The R only uses a stop on the right side. XR 1200 also only uses a right side bump stop. Take note the SM references the R and XR in the assembly drawing. It is incorrect for the DX and Muscle. Short spacer goes in the right fork, not like the pic.
Ron

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DX and Muscle. Right slider is 589mm and left is 599mm. Give or take a millimeter. While I didn't get exact, more curiosity a quick check of the VRSCR sliders, both seemed to be the same length left and right , about 25mm shorter. The xr 1200 might also be different lengths to some extent but I've never has one apart to check.
With the DX and Muscle sliders that 10mm difference , they are equal length with the internal nut installed in the right fork tube. Two bumps stops are used, one for left and one or right and they hit the same time. The R only uses a stop on the right side. XR 1200 also only uses a right side bump stop. Take note the SM references the R and XR in the assembly drawing. It is incorrect for the DX and Muscle. Short spacer goes in the right fork, not like the pic.
Ron
Hi Ron thanks for the education. What is the size ? 41 45 or 49

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
43mm sliders and 55mm upper tubes.
Ron
Hi Ron

So i am being advised to get the chrome tubes that come into the sliders and reuse my sliders and outer tubes since they are all ok.
What do you think ? is it a good move ?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Hi Ron

So i am being advised to get the chrome tubes that come into the sliders and reuse my sliders and outer tubes since they are all ok.
I'm not following the question. Stock sliders are chrome to start with.
Ron

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Hi Ron

I too was also a little confused with that statement. Apart from all the internals you basically only have 2 pieces. 1:- The outer tube that clamps in the triple trees, and 2:- the chrome sliders that come complete with the axle/caliper supports on the bottom which can be had in black or silver.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I too was also a little confused with that statement. Apart from all the internals you basically only have 2 pieces. 1:- The outer tube that clamps in the triple trees, and 2:- the chrome sliders that come complete with the axle/caliper supports on the bottom which can be had in black or silver.
Correct. Yes, I might add the axle blocks are either painted black or minimal effort polished and clear coated as in the case for the F models. Well , ok the VRSCR is also buffed and clear coated.
Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts

thanks
just jumping in on here. Wondering if any one could get a photo of how the front brake lines are routed through the triple trees on 2010 nightrod special. Took my trees off for powder coating about a year ago and no I can’t remember how the brakes lines were feed through the trees

1 - 14 of 14 Posts