Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my new sliders on & got the screw started but couldn't get it tight before I put everything together. I figured once assembled the pressure from the top spring & spacer would let me tighten it up by hand but no luck so far. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I did mine they felt funny, but tightened up enough to not leak oil, then after installing the spring etc. they did tighten, but again they did not feel solid even when torqued. A strange sensation to be sure, but perhaps due to dissimilar metals.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It definatley isn't set. There is some play in the screw and if you compress the slider it will leak. It isn't leaking when extended.

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
Built a set last night. Once the pressure was on the spring, I was able to tighten the seat pipe screw up tight.

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe a days rest will solve it. The fork it self was turning and I grabbed and held it. I could hear the damper spinning internaly when I did that. I may try an impact gun very slowly.

·
What -- Me worry?
471 Posts
Try an impact gun at a low torque setting. That's how I got mine loose, and that's how I got them to snug up enough to hand torque them...

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
spepin said:
Try an impact gun at a low torque setting. That's how I got mine loose, and that's how I got them to snug up enough to hand torque them...
Thanks. I had saw you post earlier and am gonna use the idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts