Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sliced, clocked, and rewelded foot control...

In an effort to get my 2011 VRSCDX to fit me better, I decided to reposition the foot brake lever. The best way I found to do this was to slice the brake lever, clock the lever forward to where it fit me best, and then reweld it in its new position. took me about 2 hours, most of that time spent working out a way to slice it "squarely".

It worked great, it isn't awkward for me to use the foot brake any longer, and I don't need to lift my foot off the peg to get on top of the brake lever.

Hopefully I can get out for a ride soon to see how I like it.

I can post a picture later if anyone wants to see it. Its rotated down quite a bit from factory, but for my long legs and the angle of my foot, it fits me a lot better....

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Wow man nice!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a cheap qwik solution to making my bike fit me better. I will probably keep shopping around roe some extended reach controls, but they are pretty pricey... Who knows, I may just leave it like this, it does feel more "natural" for me know.

I just ordered the reduced reach bars and brake line, so this should be all I need for a while....

If anyone else is interested, I could offer to do this mod for you. I don't think I have much more than 2 hours time in it...

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
nice work i bet you get lots of intrest on doing this for guys .......

now u have me thinking about shortening the length od a break pedal on my other bike seeing this.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice work i bet you get lots of intrest on doing this for guys .......

now u have me thinking about shortening the length od a break pedal on my other bike seeing this.
I'm not a certified welder, but I have a buddy that is. If I get other interested parties, I may have him do the welding.. I don't mind doing my own welding, but if I'm going to be doing this for anyone else, I want to make sure its 100%.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
I'm not a certified welder, but I have a buddy that is. If I get other interested parties, I may have him do the welding.. I don't mind doing my own welding, but if I'm going to be doing this for anyone else, I want to make sure its 100%.

well if u get teh intrest let me know ............. being the shorty i am my issue is i have to slide my ft offt he peg to use the rear break .so u guessed it i dont use it to often.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
It is a cheap qwik solution to making my bike fit me better. I will probably keep shopping around roe some extended reach controls, but they are pretty pricey... Who knows, I may just leave it like this, it does feel more "natural" for me know.

I just ordered the reduced reach bars and brake line, so this should be all I need for a while....

If anyone else is interested, I could offer to do this mod for you. I don't think I have much more than 2 hours time in it...
I am the guy that makes the extended controls and my first thought was "Wow nice work" and my second thought was "Wow there goes half my orders!" Haha!

-Keith

·
Registered
279 Posts
My buddy cut and welded mine last year and it made a huge difference for me...I'm sure you'll like it.

·
George
5,411 Posts
I did sorta the same on my pegs to get an extra 2"

Link

·
Registered
9 Posts
In an effort to get my 2011 VRSCDX to fit me better, I decided to reposition the foot brake lever. The best way I found to do this was to slice the brake lever, clock the lever forward to where it fit me best, and then reweld it in its new position. took me about 2 hours, most of that time spent working out a way to slice it "squarely".

It worked great, it isn't awkward for me to use the foot brake any longer, and I don't need to lift my foot off the peg to get on top of the brake lever.

Hopefully I can get out for a ride soon to see how I like it.

I can post a picture later if anyone wants to see it. Its rotated down quite a bit from factory, but for my long legs and the angle of my foot, it fits me a lot better....
Whoa....How long are your legs anyway?

Or do you have Long Feet?

Been thinking about a mod I did on my '98 STC...where I cut off the '57 Chevy Brake Lever Pad and shaped/made new lever to better match the shift lever (then chromed) and put a shifter peg on it..

Gave me more lateral clearance beside the peg then.

Also kinda balanced out the look (more symetrical?)

Might try something similar on my DX??? (perhaps easier 'cuz lever already similar).

Was a Tool and Die Maker for years..Now retired and miss the Shop access I had...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts