Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the site here as I recently purchased my first VROD. 2009 Muscle and in love with it. Im mainly trying to reduce the space between the rear tire and rear fender, so its a close fit giving in the slammed look. Im assuming I would have to lower the rear suspension. Has anyone done it that can speak to how difficult it might be or is it as simple as putting a pair of Progressive 444's in there? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Hey guys, new to the site here as I recently purchased my first VROD. 2009 Muscle and in love with it. Im mainly trying to reduce the space between the rear tire and rear fender, so its a close fit giving in the slammed look. Im assuming I would have to lower the rear suspension. Has anyone done it that can speak to how difficult it might be or is it as simple as putting a pair of Progressive 444's in there? Thanks for the help.
Sure you can put shorter shocks on. Take a look at the swing arm angle and what happens to belt tension control by going 1" shorter.
If you can live with that, go for it. Unless you do the front also, it will be more of a pig at slow speeds too.
Ron

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
I recently purchased my first VROD. 2009 Muscle and in love with it. Im mainly trying to reduce the space between the rear tire and rear fender, so its a close fit giving in the slammed look. Im assuming I would have to lower the rear suspension. Has anyone done it that can speak to how difficult it might be or is it as simple as putting a pair of Progressive 444's in there?...
There's a major drawback to lowering a bike; reduction of lean angle. The VRSC lean angle is only 32° (except for taller VRSCR that's 40°). Any less will make some maneuvers (e.g., U-turns) quite a challenge.

·
119WHP/88lbsTQ
138 Posts
I now have a set of MB Nitrogen 12" shocks up for sale. They set the rear pretty low for a nice stance. I installed Arnott Air. Message me if you're interested.
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts