Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
there have been a lot of people try it and say that it makes the bike ride rough and handle different because it changes the angle of the shocks.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
IMHO and mind you this is just my opinion, the original suspension is kind of mushy. The lowering kit lowers an already mushy ride and does nothing to change the handling. I know it is much cheaper but if you can afford to change the suspension to a lower suspension you may find the handling greatly improves or that was what I found with progressive systems.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Max said:
IMHO and mind you this is just my opinion, the original suspension is kind of mushy. The lowering kit lowers an already mushy ride and does nothing to change the handling. I know it is much cheaper but if you can afford to change the suspension to a lower suspension you may find the handling greatly improves or that was what I found with progressive systems.
agreed. And if you look into shocks if you can afford it go with the nicer 440's or works shocks. The HD lowering shocks are the same as stock but shorter, and the progressive 412's are better than stock but still rather mushy.

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
I stuck those on my wifes '03 and lowered the front end by pushing the forks up into the triple trees an inch. I did not notice and handling differences but I and wife are conservative riders. We don't push any envelopes.

The only problem we noticed is in cornering. Scraping jiffy stands and pipes was a little easier.

Have since removed the lowering stuff because of the scraping issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts