Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
MASTER VR TECH
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am a Factory Trained Tech that answers your questions for free. This bike is my life, and what I live for. If you cannot reach me on this site, e-mail me at [email protected] com. Later SKI.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum SKIROD, always nice to have techs here on the forum.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Indubitably! Welcome, and we are glad to have your experience!
Mike:cool:

·
Registered
283 Posts
:ride: :ride: Yo welcome on bro!! Whats up with the title? SKIROD are you a sledder? Cus i got an 05 MACH Z!!

·
2,552 Posts
SKIROD said:
Hello! I am a Factory Trained Tech that answers your questions for free. This bike is my life, and what I live for. If you cannot reach me on this site, e-mail me at [email protected] com. Later SKI.

SKIROD,

Welcome to the best V-Rod Forum on the planet. I see you have moved from Fort Lauderdale HD to Peterson's North. I hope the move works for you.

To all of our forum members. SKI knows the V-Rod inside and out. He was the MAN at Fort Lauderdale HD. He has torn the V-Rod all the way down and then put it back together many times. He will be a major asset to the forum.

Again WELCOME.

PS You will be hearing from me soon regarding my V-Rod.

Most Respectfully
Frank

·
Registered
696 Posts
:welcome: Welcome aboard
Looking forward to your future posts.

·
Registered
283 Posts
:spank: If he lives in florida i geuss he doen't ride a ski-doo. :hmm:

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Welcome

I already picked his brain on a possible warranty issue. He got back to me in a flash. Not with the answer I was hoping for but he answered my questions honestly and to the point.
This still leaves me with blistering side cases on an other wise perfect bike. Anyone know where I can pick up some side case covers at a good price???

·
MASTER VR TECH
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx yall. Ski is a part of my last name. When I started to tear these things down to the crank, I got the nickname SKI-ROD from other tech's in the shop. Remember, most Dealer techs. will not touch a VR. This is not your typical v-twin. I will. Later, SKI.

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
Welcome!

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
:vrodforu:
Glad to know we have tech here.
So what's the worst damage you have seen with the Revolution? :hmm:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
:welcome:

Welcome Ski,
I know you will enjoy this forum, it is full of fantastic people who
love thier machines and love working on them.

Again Welcome

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Skirod, its great having you on board. Thanks for signing on, as to have the straight scoop on what is up with these means quite a bit to all of us as V-Rod owners.

What is the biggest challenge in tearing one of these motors down from the perspective of not knowing the factory inside scoop on procedures that might not be spelled out in the manual? Sometimes there are little tidbits in take down or assembley of motors, and I am wondering if the manual points it all out.

If a shade tree mechanic wanted the specialy designed tools to do motor work, about what would a set for the V-Rod run? These would be motor and tranny tools specifically.

What are your thoughts on the Tilley big bore kit that Zippers is working with? Is there something better out there on the way perhaps?

Thanks a bunch!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts