Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Is there anyway to completly remove the security system, without messing the bike up?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
riverrattcom said:
Is there anyway to completly remove the security system, without messing the bike up?
do you know the price and avaliabilty of a replacement v-rod transmission?can a broke gear"input and out put" be replaced?ie-2nd gear? or does a comeplete new input and out put shaft have to be bought,and if so prices please! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Kaz

Kaz,

In the service manual they show the procedure for removing and installing a 2nd gear. I am sure that you would be able to buy them seperately and not have to worry about a new set of shafts.

Ken

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
o2man98 said:
Kaz,

In the service manual they show the procedure for removing and installing a 2nd gear. I am sure that you would be able to buy them seperately and not have to worry about a new set of shafts.

Ken
FIND ME ONE! :eek:

·
Registered
283 Posts
:confused: Wjen i installed the S.E. airfilter i noticed a rattling noise thought it was the air box cover hitting the skin now i removed the cover all together(topless) and its even louder!Only happens over 5000 rpm's is this normal? Thanx.

·
MASTER VR TECH
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O.K. Guys, First of all, you have to change the TSSM to a TSM,to get rid of the security. No other options. About the second gear. NO. H-D prints that in the manuals for future ref. For the time being, you can only replace the clusters as a whole. 6 speed. No, there is no room in the case. Don't look for it anytime soon. Ratt'lin Intake vavles, need not to worry. Later SKI.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
SKIROD said:
O.K. Guys, First of all, you have to change the TSSM to a TSM,to get rid of the security. No other options. About the second gear. NO. H-D prints that in the manuals for future ref. For the time being, you can only replace the clusters as a whole. 6 speed. No, there is no room in the case. Don't look for it anytime soon. Ratt'lin Intake vavles, need not to worry. Later SKI.
Thanks SKI! ;) I new my sources were right!it's about $3000-$3800 for all the replacement Parts and YOU CAN'T EVEN BUY IT!Makes those wreck V-rods seem like a pretty good deal! :kaz:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts