Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally bit the bullet and just bought the sissybar out right from the dealership after many a failed auctions and online bids....but it was chrome and WE all know there is no room for chrome on the DX so it was time to break out the spray paint laying around in the garage and go to work. I have seen this on DXs that were either spray painted or powdercoated black and liked the look but i figured i wanted to see what it looks like orange figuring if i dont like it i can just sand it back down and paint it black...so here it is let me know what ya think. i'm kinda diggin it!

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
It's cool but I would paint the two legs of the baseplate that extend toward the front seat black. I like how the upright is split in the center it makes it look like the orange stripes.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's cool but I would paint the two legs of the baseplate that extend toward the front seat black. I like how the upright is split in the center it makes it look like the orange stripes.
i was kinda thinkin the same thing bout painting those legs black...good idea

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
I am thinkin I woulda ordered the black one. About to bite that bullet on a baseplate myself... Can't ever seem to be the first one to notice when someone puts one up for sale.

Maybe if the orange was deeper and matched the stripes I would be digging it more. Or like the others said make the baseplate black and leave the upright orange...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe if the orange was deeper and matched the stripes I would be digging it more.
The orange actually does match this was just after the first coat...for mock up to see if it was too much of an eye sore...but it came out alright

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
its not for me

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
The orange actually does match this was just after the first coat...for mock up to see if it was too much of an eye sore...but it came out alright
OK, would like to see final product. It just looks a little brighter to me. Maybe its this crappy monitor at work lol. But looking at it from the rear view the sisy bar just kinda pops out at ya compared to the stripes.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its probably my piece o crap :stac: camera phone...lol

·
Tattooed Chicks Rock
1,987 Posts
With the other orange accents on the bike I think it looks good....just my :2cents:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts