Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to my better half the passenger seat on the vrscdx is crap, does anyone know if there is a sissy bar and/or other seats available that won't spoil the look of the bike

·
Registered
72 Posts
HARLEY'S web site has a section for VRSC then look under seats ,sissy bar,etc..... try the sundowner pillion, lot's to look at, good luck

·
VRSCDX
461 Posts
Paint it black said:
I have a touring passenger pillion part#51780-07 and a smooth look back rest pad part#51783-07.
we've done 200 miles with on complaints from the wife.(well only going to fast):D
See my gallery for pics.
Try
http://www.guernseyharleydavidson.com/
will the touring passenger pillion fit w/ just the stock seat? or do you have to get a whole new seat all together?

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
We had a long ride sunday with the new sundowner seat and she loved it. Said alot better the the stock seat.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
If you want to keep your honey happy, Do her and yourself a favor and buy both the Sundowner seat and backrest from Harley.

·
VRSCDX
461 Posts
is there a sundowner passenger pillion? what's the part #? I couldn't find a sundowner passenger pillion on the harley's website. are people getting the sundowner seat and the touring passenger touring pillion?

·
Registered
92 Posts
are people getting the sundowner seat and the touring passenger touring pillion?

Yes.
You dont have to get the sundowner seat if you find the standard stock seat ok

just the touring for the passenger.

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
rottsko said:
is there a sundowner passenger pillion? what's the part #? I couldn't find a sundowner passenger pillion on the harley's website. are people getting the sundowner seat and the touring passenger touring pillion?
Yes, the pillion dose not say sundowner. Its wider and alot more comfortable for the passenger.

·
matt blk & fire hot
1,569 Posts
part numbers

rottsko said:
'07 vrscdx:
51220-07 baseplate black (needed to install passenger pillion & sissy bar) $139
51780-07 touring pillion (passenger seat) $99
51313-07 low sissy bar $59
51783-07 backrest pad touring (the fat one, there are others too) $79
51778-07 sundowner rider seat $179

it looks better if you get both. the seat textures are not the same as stock.
the stock seat was the first thing to come off my bike! this is much better on the butt!!!!! and hers too.
PIX of mine.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Motorcycle Automotive lighting

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
blairbiker said:
does anyone know if there is a sissy bar and/or other seats available that won't spoil the look of the bike
NO!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
my better half thinks the stock pillion on the night rod special is more comfortable than the sundowner i had on my previous dyna, complaints about the back rest vibrating though. cant win them all but saving a bit of money for now. will see what she says after a 100+ mile ride at the weekend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts