Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 07 VRSCX and realized it didn't have the proximity alarm as my 07VRSDX had. I ordered the alarm and siren kit for the false sense of security it gives.... The proxy alarm came first with the siren on back order for several months. I paid the dealer to install the alarm and asked if I would be able to just plug in the siren. They said no I would have to bring the bike in so they could program the system to recognize the siren, another $87.00. I fell like I'm being penalized for not wanting to wait to have some security on the bike. Is this true, if I follow the instructions to install the siren will I need to program for recognition?

·
Black Beauty
492 Posts
Check out this part from Radio Shack. It is a Pezio 102 db siren that works in line with the factory HD security system and is cool because it chirps on arm and disarm just like the HD siren, wires into the same plug that the HD siren would, and is only $5.29. Radio Shack Part # 273-079

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
neenos76 said:
I picked up my 07 VRSCX and realized it didn't have the proximity alarm as my 07VRSDX had. I ordered the alarm and siren kit for the false sense of security it gives.... The proxy alarm came first with the siren on back order for several months. I paid the dealer to install the alarm and asked if I would be able to just plug in the siren. They said no I would have to bring the bike in so they could program the system to recognize the siren, another $87.00. I fell like I'm being penalized for not wanting to wait to have some security on the bike. Is this true, if I follow the instructions to install the siren will I need to program for recognition?
You can install the siren yourself and there is nothing to be programed either. Read the instruction and you should be alright.
On my 03 I just removed the 2 10 mm nuts under the seat and pulled the mud flap down and to the right to install the siren. Your dealer is feeding you :bs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts