Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like that Rocker C seat that is hidden away until required. Obviously you couldn't hide a seat on the DX, but I wonder how hard it would be to do the following.

Single seat (take off the rear passenger part).

Quick attachment for passenger part when wifey etc wants to join in on a ride. (Passenger part stored at home normally.)

The rear fender would need the holes filling, and the rear of the main seat would require some brackets to attach the passenger part to.

OR - new rear fender and that Rocker C seat modified to fit....

Wonder what it would look like, I think the DX is screaming out to be a single seater.

Doable?

Opinions?

Anybody done it already?

·
Registered
66 Posts
im trying to make a fiberglass piece to replace the back seat, no luck so far. i am not very good with fiberglass. i totally agree this bike should be a one seater, i would love to see if you have any luck. breathless performance makes a piece that takes place of it, so you might be able to do something like that

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
The eurofender is cool, but you're stuck with a solo seat. You'll never have a passenger again. SmokenJoe has a good idea though. He's running a 03-04 Kawasaki 636 race tail on his bike. Now granted this tail is a solo seat only, you could always buy a Street Bodywork tail from HotBodiesRacing.com and somehow put the passenger seat on as well. I'm sure this would take quite a bit of fabricating for a seat pan that can handle the weight. But going this route will allow you to put the race cowl on the back for the solo look and the seat pad when you need to ride a passenger.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Kieron said:
I like that Rocker C seat that is hidden away until required. Obviously you couldn't hide a seat on the DX, but I wonder how hard it would be to do the following.

Single seat (take off the rear passenger part).

Quick attachment for passenger part when wifey etc wants to join in on a ride. (Passenger part stored at home normally.)

The rear fender would need the holes filling, and the rear of the main seat would require some brackets to attach the passenger part to.

OR - new rear fender and that Rocker C seat modified to fit....

Wonder what it would look like, I think the DX is screaming out to be a single seater.

Doable?

Opinions?

Anybody done it already?
Here's one that Breathless makes if you want to keep the stock fender: http://www.breathlessperformance.com/vrod/catalogItem_CATappearanceITEMstorageCompartment.htm

and they do make it for '07's now: http://www.breathlessperformance.com/vrod/catalog.htm#appearance

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the idea of a hidden passenger seat, but I'm after a wrap around rear fender that follow the line of the wheel - chopper style, then a seat that somehow affixes to that.

Must be a market for it - the standard passenger seat and fender really lets the bike down...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts