Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have installed the Signal Relocator Brackets on your upper shock mounts, I have a few questions:

1. Did you have problems holding the nut for the stud that's used to mount the signal? Could you turn the nut or did you have to find a way to secure it and then rotate the signal?

2. Was the stud that mounts the signal to the bracket too long? Did the length make running the wires into the groove of the bracket difficult (i.e. severe 90 degree turn)?

3. Did you have difficulty getting the wires to stay in the groove that's in the backside of the bracket? If so, what did you do to secure them?

4. Are the signals you have L.E.D.s or bulbs?

The relocator brackets we've used thus far have all had these problems and could very much be improved upon. We're just starting to manufacture our own, verses being a distributor for someone else, and are looking to make some changes. Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated!

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
rmdbillet said:
For those of you that have installed the Signal Relocator Brackets on your upper shock mounts, I have a few questions:

1. Did you have problems holding the nut for the stud that's used to mount the signal? Could you turn the nut or did you have to find a way to secure it and then rotate the signal?

I used the nut that came with my replacement signals. Held it with needle nose pliers and had no problems.

2. Was the stud that mounts the signal to the bracket too long? Did the length make running the wires into the groove of the bracket difficult (i.e. severe 90 degree turn)?

No. Again, used the one that came with the signals. Had to drill a larger hole in the bracket, no big deal with a drill press.

3. Did you have difficulty getting the wires to stay in the groove that's in the backside of the bracket? If so, what did you do to secure them?

Thought this would be a problem without a back to the bracket. Used heat shrink tubing around the wires then formed them to the groove. Now the pressure from the heat shrink tubing pushes the wires into the groove without any additional adhesive or anything.

Bulbs.

The relocator brackets we've used thus far have all had these problems and could very much be improved upon. We're just starting to manufacture our own, verses being a distributor for someone else, and are looking to make some changes. Any feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated!
hope this helps

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
rmdbillet said:

I used the Rizoma with the Cris Products lights first time around, then HD lights second time around.

1. No, my stud was a basically a drilled bolt, with a threaded light housing. Worked very well.

2. Perfect length.

3. No. Silicon works wonders.

4. Bulbs.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I don't mean to highjack this thread, however here's my 02 cents worth.

I tried the Rizoma turn signal relocators and was not all that happy with them. They weren't chromed, wasn't overly impressed with the looks of them, and there was a bit of wiring showing. Therefore, I mounted mine directly to my fender. I think with the LEDS in the Chris Products turn signals it turned out quite well.

Just thought I'd offer another option.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Joe -

You got any hookups with lenses similar to the ones in this pic?

1-5/16" OD
1-1/8" Threads

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts